Turkish vs Czech Mauser - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Turkish vs Czech Mauser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
The Truk's, You ment Turks. The Turks bought 1895's and a few 1898 GEW's, but changed the pattern slightly. They are plenty strong, just not as refined. If you built Mausers, you would know how to refine the action.

The 24/47 is an intermediate action, it is slightly shorter then the '98 action of the VZ24. The Belgian M24 was also an intermediate action, it was the host for the 24/47.
The Turk actions are not the best actions like I said yes they some from Germany and it is hard to tell the good ones from the junk because you would need to remove the barrel. A large part of the large ring Turk mausers don't have the same barrel shank as the K98 Mauser. On top of that I would take the advice that I read in The Mauser M91 Through M98 Bolt Actions, A Shop Manual. By Jerry Kuhnhausen.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #22

Liked 768 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 830

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrbertothy View Post
The Turk actions are not the best actions like I said yes they some from Germany and it is hard to tell the good ones from the junk because you would need to remove the barrel. A large part of the large ring Turk mausers don't have the same barrel shank as the K98 Mauser. On top of that I would take the advice that I read in The Mauser M91 Through M98 Bolt Actions, A Shop Manual. By Jerry Kuhnhausen.
Actually, all you need to do is remove the action from the stock. Check the tang and bottom of the action.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #23

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post
Well i have bought several guns from Samco . They have never screwed me just bought a mosin sniper from them i was very happy with sent exactly what i asked for i have the chech mauser 98, i prefer it it, is not overly long like the turk,s more like a k98 design here is a pic after i redid stock , and way i got it before i redid stock. First pic is how it came has a nice laminated stock and took little work to do , had to reblue where they polished off crest down to the white a nice laminate was hiding under the grease, but for 250 i got a great deal , mint bore ,great shooter ,brno mauser.Mitchells mausers has gorgeous m24/47,s for 299,00. I would take a look at mitchells mauser,s 24,s before i bought anything i was you .Unless you are like me and enjoy redoing them.Want a mint model24 see mitchell,s Oh that is my chech mauser m98 i forgot to mention lol,got her at cabela,s and oiled and redid up stock came out nice ,since they were mentioned.
think i should wear my glases more often jeez.