Tokarev TT 33 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Tokarev TT 33

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Yugoslavian M57 has been rated #1 on some knowledgeable sites. I have one and it's been great. The M57 has a 9-rd. magazine.

Modern Firearms - M57

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #12

Default Tokarev m57

another thing great about the m57 is the saftey realy works.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #13

Likes Given: 2

I have owned several of these in different incarnations, all were great guns. The Russian, if its a real Russian, is well worth $300, the rest I would go over $250. 've owned several Norinco 213's too wich are chinese copies in 9mm Luger, they are fantastic shooters, be careful with the mags though, there is is spacer in the grip well. Sometimes its attached to the guns frame, sometimes its attached to the magazine, these are not interchangeable. I recently traded my last Norinco 213 off and I REALLY want it back!!!

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfen1949 View Post
By far the besst is the Hugo m7 . Widners has them for $217 with free shipping. The reaon I like the Yugo is it has abetter grip and holds 9 rounds instead of 8. As you can see I have added new grips and adjustable sights.
Wow...Looks great w/ the wood grips. Would you mind providing some info on how you went about getting adjustable sights?

I've had both a Russian TOK and a Chinese TOK/Norinco for over 15years. I recently gave the USSR-TOK to my brother (repaid a favor) and started using the 9mm (was never fired) They're both nice guns but share the same weakness; tiny sights...Slow to acquire target. I'd love to modernize the gun with better sights. I bought a "Ramlight magnetic laser sight" and can get respectable and quick groupings with it, but I'd like similar performance with metal sights.

Thanks!

Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #15

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have a Romanian Tokarev and a Chinese Model 213 chambered in 9mm. Both have shot flawlessly with a couple hundred rounds having gone through each. I did a test between my Romanian and my CZ-52 and while the recoil difference is negligible (two different types of mechanics in use...was curious about the difference in feel), the Tokarev was much more accurate. The 300.00 for the Russian would've been a fantastic price and I would've gotten it immediately but anything else should be around the 250-290 mark. After owning two Tokarevs, I'm now going to get a Russian, a Yugoslavian, and a Polish one to round out the collection.

img_20130807_103752.jpg