Tokarev TT 33
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Tokarev TT 33

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Tokarev TT 33

Hello all I am just starting to get into C&R and want to get a Tokarev pistol. Unfortunately there is not a lot of information on the web when it comes to the pros and cons of the various makes of them. There is a local gun shop with two Tokarevs. One is labeled as Romanian for $300+, and a Russian for $300+ (1953), I didn't know if these were considered a good price and if they are shootable. I checked the barrels on both and the rifling is pretty good in both without any frosting. After all that babble what I am looking for is how to identify a Yugo, Russian, Polish...etc apart from each other to make sure I am getting what I pay for and if those prices are good prices. Mind you I intend on shooting the one I get. Thanks it is greatly appreciated!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Anch, you got PM.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

to be honest that is the next gun on my list to get and I can't even tell you really much about them. All I can really say is that if your ok with the price, the barrel and other important parts of the look good and everything moves good on it I would go for it. I just spent like a half hour going through the internet looking for info and I can't really find anything on price wise sorry,

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 05-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #4

Got one about 6 months ago at a gun show for $225 (Polish version). Decent shape, but certainly not like new.

Since then I've noticed that most I see are in the $300 range. I think we're seeing the inflation on guns and you may be seeing the $300 as a standard price now.

Fun gun to shoot and the ammo is still really cheap, if you don't mind careful cleaning right after shooting.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #5

Default Tokarev

I got my Tokarev for $99 (new)many years ago, Ammo is cheap its fun to shoot.
You can get cheap ammo at the Sportsmansguide.com (about 7 cents a round) I also shoot the 7.62 Tokarev ammo in my 7.62X 54 Russian long gun. I got an insert that will allow you the shoot it in the Mosin. Most Tokarevs I see today are priced around $175-$200, some are in pretty bad shape, so check it out before you buy one.

100_0689_1.jpg  

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #6

Default which tokarev to buy

By far the besst is the Hugo m7 . Widners has them for $217 with free shipping. The reaon I like the Yugo is it has abetter grip and holds 9 rounds instead of 8. As you can see I have added new grips and adjustable sights.

my-tokarev-new-grips.jpg  

Old 07-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #7

Default Tok

Nice looking TT there.

Anyone notice the disappearance of the cheap 7.62x25s?

Old 07-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by egghead View Post
Nice looking TT there.

Anyone notice the disappearance of the cheap 7.62x25s?
You can stil get cheap 7.62x25 at Ammo & Hunting Gear, Camping & Outdoor Equipment, Military Surplus & Clothing at Sportsman's Guide if you want to get 1200 rounds at a time...

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefsimms View Post
You can stil get cheap 7.62x25 at Ammo & Hunting Gear, Camping & Outdoor Equipment, Military Surplus & Clothing at Sportsman's Guide if you want to get 1200 rounds at a time...
Surplus ammo for a reasonable price is very difficult to find. I looked at the Sportsman's Guide site but didn't see any surplus ammo.

bigdog

Old 07-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #10

Default 7.62x25 Ammo

plentyof 7.62x25 on gun broker