Think prices will ever go back down? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Think prices will ever go back down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 405 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Prices will come down. To where they were prior to Newtown? That's the question. The big deal right now is availability. Everybody's trying to restock. That will take a while. In the meantime, good luck getting AR parts if you're building your own. That stuff's scarce, (at least around here), and prices are high. Some stuff is still outrageous, Mini-14 30rd mags, $125 at last weekend's gun show. As someone else mentioned, what happens in D.C. will have it's own effect. And if the Dems take both houses of Congress back next year, all bets are off.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #22

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

Sadly, I had just decided to pick up a Polish P64 from Classic after oogling it on their website last week. Logged in today to complete the purchase...sold out. Oops!

Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I think the days of $99 C&R guns are long gone. The world-wide supply of military surplus guns that qualify as civilian legal are drying up. I was having a great time saving up and watching my collection grow, but from now on it will be tough without the bargains.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #24

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny357 View Post
I think the days of $99 C&R guns are long gone. The world-wide supply of military surplus guns that qualify as civilian legal are drying up. I was having a great time saving up and watching my collection grow, but from now on it will be tough without the bargains.
I think that's an accurate assessment of the issue. With the 50 year C&R buffer, we're hitting the '60s. Military weaponry after the 60s tends to fall off the "civilian ownership" radar due to features like full-auto firing capability, etc. We've sort of hit the wall with available guns.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #25

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

(sigh) Man I got into the collecting VERY late then (started December 2012). Luckily just from private sales, pawn shops, and a few online purchases, I've been able to aquire more than a few WWII rifles and handguns. Even between last December and now though, I've noticed that they aren't showing up in the pawn shops as much and MAYBE 1 or two every few days online. They are still out there, just gotta hunt for them a bit harder.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #26

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

short answer to original question......no.....prices will not come down on C&R firearms.....reason is they are not making them or importing like in years past. That being said, it is always fun (and part of the game) to find that sleeper hiding in some godforsaken place. I, for example, picked up a nice Swedish Mauser while on vacation in Nevada. My wonderful bride insisted I stop at a pawn shop at 10:00 am on a Sunday morning. Snagged it for $225.00. Remember to ALWAYS carry your C&R license EVERYWHERE you go. BTW, I keep in contact with that pawn shop as he is willing to ship to me and he has my license so there is no problem. Part of the fun of snooping around. MHO

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 08-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 782 Times on 520 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Well now that Obama today just added 2 new executive orders 1 concerning importing former military rifles I say prices are gonna rise even higher

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 AM   #28

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Modern rifles prices will come down when the supply exceeds the demand. I have already seen the supply of black rifles return to normal in my area and there are a heck of a lot of buyers that are flush with guns and paying for their panic buys on credit cards that are also flush. I expect to see a lot of black guns hitting the secondary market after folks relax a bit. The AK I sold in Feb. for $800.00 can probably be bought today for $500.00.

World War I and World war II guns are different. There are no more being made and they are being destroyed by Bubba every day. The supply will always shrink. Collector interest will blossom as the 100th anniversary of WWI approaches and again when the 100th of WWII.

In my adult life I have seen barrels full of Mausers selling for $20.00 each. The $79.00 model 91/30 Mosin-Nagants of three years ago are selling for $150.00 plus. I bought a NIB Norinco SKS for $65.00 in the late 90s. (I wish I still had it) Finn rifles that sold for $75.00 ten years ago are now going for $400.00 plus......

Even with all that, today will be the "good old days" of Surplus rifles in a very few years. Save your SOG flyers to weep over in ten years.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 08-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #29

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

If I understand the new EO correctly, it would pertain to US arms sold to other countries then brought back through re-importation (if that's even a word!). Pretty much it applies to the stacks of M1 Garands sitting over in South Korea right now waiting to come home. This really sucks too because I have been patiently waiting to add a Koren Conflict M1 Garand to my gun family.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 782 Times on 520 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Yeah cause you know gangbangers run around with m1s all the time "roll eyes"

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.