Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Think prices will ever go back down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
After the panic buying if the guvment doesnt pass some stupid law the used gun market should be poping maybe in a couple of years.
Savin' my dough and waiting patiently.....

Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #12

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

.........Still waiting.....

Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Not to where they were before but i think they will go down lower...ish than they are now

Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #14

Liked 746 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Prices on Ar's and what not have allready gone down in NC and you can find them easily. Ammo is around,,,if you know where to look

Old 03-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #15

Liked 47 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Please tell us' I've looked everywhere I can think of. Sure you can find some but I think they are using gold casings.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

IMO certain things will have a roll-back in prices while other things will not or will take longer to adjust. I think I read that there were something like 17 million 91/30 Mosin Nagants manufactured over time. I bought my first one 4 years ago for $69. I have recently seen them advertised for $150 and up. I have to believe that this is temporary since there are so many of them out there. A few years ago you could buy a 50 round box of 9mm Luger for $9-$10. It would be a coup if you could find it for less than $15 today. I think the prices for ammo will stay the same or get worse in the near future, especially when you consider the increased demand from law enforcement purchases (Homeland Security's recent purchase of 2 Billion rounds of ammo, plus other agency purchases). Everything GUN will become increasingly expensive the more the 2nd Amendment issues are in the spotlight. It is human nature to hoard those things that you feel you need that you will not be able to get when you need it. Note that when the weather forecast is for severe activity people flock to the stores to buy toilet paper and milk. Its not that people poop or drink more during bad weather, it is just human nature.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #17

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This hoarding happens every time the Democrats are in office. The prices always go down after they they lose both houses of congress. Just make sure you vote these SOBs out in Nov.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #18

Liked 264 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Pricing will come done...probably everywhere buy Walmart. Manufacturers will catch up, unlikely they will make any changed to the production because it would be only temporary. But it's going to be a few months, maybe 6 before supplies start to come back, so shoot sparingly (my opinion) untill you can replenish what you have. MIdway is posting some July and August dates for ammo, so it's going to be a while. Of the 2700 different guns that Able Ammo sells, they currently have only 11 models available now. After the government makes a decision, either way, things will begin to return to normal.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #19

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Pricing will come done...probably everywhere buy Walmart. Manufacturers will catch up, unlikely they will make any changed to the production because it would be only temporary. But it's going to be a few months, maybe 6 before supplies start to come back, so shoot sparingly (my opinion) untill you can replenish what you have. MIdway is posting some July and August dates for ammo, so it's going to be a while. Of the 2700 different guns that Able Ammo sells, they currently have only 11 models available now. After the government makes a decision, either way, things will begin to return to normal.
The question Is in the C&R section, meaning, well older rifles that wally world and able don't deal with.
OP, Why not buy from a wholesaler and have it shipped to your FFL. Here is an example of what is out there.
https://www.samcoglobal.com/1-M24-47.html

Manufacturer Code

Manufactured at the Zastava Factory at Kragujevac in Yugoslavia. M98 Action, Straight Bolt, Receiver bears the Yugoslavian Coat of Arms. 5 Round integral magazine. Beautiful hardwood stock, and nice metal buttplate. Really nice handy Short Mauser at a very affordable price.
Barrel: 23.2" Overall: 43.3

Very Good Condition
$209.95
Special Select Condition
$229.95

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #20

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Well in my life experience once they go up like anything else they stay up ,lets hope the guy said will be an overflow after panic is over is right but they like money when they make guns and if they can get people to pay it they will keep charging it.I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices they are asking right now i will wait.