these two sure look like relics any help to identify

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > these two sure look like relics any help to identify

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 13

Default these two sure look like relics any help to identify

Below is a link to my thread post complete with photos please help to identify these two pistols im stumped
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-these-2-pistols-35672/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #2

Definitely some sort of home made firearm. In order to find out what they are or what they are for you would probably have to travel back in time to talk to the person that built them.

MAYBE they were submitted to some government body way back in the day to see if they would be interested in the.

Who knows.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #3

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I would focus on what seems to be two proof marks on one of them. If you can identify that proof mark, you will be a lot closer to ID'ing the pistols. I almost want to say early (1860 - 1910 era) Japan or Manchuria or Siam (now called Thailand of course), but don't know enough about those countries proofs back then to have a certainty. Have you cerro cast the barrels yet to identify the caliber?

Old 12-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt-Hotpants View Post
Definitely some sort of home made firearm.
way too many proof marks for some home brew pot metal.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #5

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

On the other hand one of the proof marks looks crudely done. That implies India, Pakistan or Afghanistan in some family shop that carved in a sort of proof mark to boost sales. If so, that knocks the value down to about the going rate of scrap metal.