Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > swiss K31

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 677

The K31 is as accurate as my Swede 1896 and 1938 models. The only Swedish military rifle that beats it every time is my M41b sniper, using iron sights of course. The K31 is a little more finicky in developing handloads as the actual shape of the bullet is more important then in other calibers. I found that 165gr Combined Technology sp Silver tip BT work very well. Sadly, they discontinued the silver tip for the ballistic tip. I bought all I could when they discontinued it, at reduced prices. Brass is also important. Norma brass produces tighter groups then Graf or Prvi. For hunting it really would not make a difference, at range though, it does. You can find brass at estate sales of collectors quite frequently. I bought a bag of 200 new pieces of Graf for $20.00 last year.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #12

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If it were up to me I would opt for the K31.....I think it is the most up to date and strongest action.....they are all pretty good though.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #13

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I found the primer pockets a little too tight and the dimensions of the brass not as consistant on the prvi as compared to the norma brass.....of course that is why norma costs 3 times more. I mentioned this on the Graf comment section and got the wrath of other customers for not liking it. I always thought the comment sections of a customer review was for pro and con.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 11-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #14

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3 View Post
I found the primer pockets a little too tight and the dimensions of the brass not as consistant on the prvi as compared to the norma brass.....of course that is why norma costs 3 times more. I mentioned this on the Graf comment section and got the wrath of other customers for not liking it. I always thought the comment sections of a customer review was for pro and con.
Your right, if someone finds what they perceive as a flaw or sub standard, they should put that in the review. Norma brass in 6.5x55, 7.5x55, 9.3x57 spoiled me. It is much better then any other brass I've used.

One thing about the K11, K31, they are way over engineered. I've never seen another rifle that come close. But that is what makes them such a superb rifle I guess. If they only had a receiver sight.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.