Stopped at a yard sale. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion >

Stopped at a yard sale.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
An elderly lady with a spent rocket launcher? She sounds like a member of a dangerous terrorist group. Most likely an AARP Guerrilla a Grey power fanatic.
I agree.
The LAW tube needs to be destroyed.
Send it to me for proper disposal.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #22

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I was on my way home from work. I stopped and saw an ugly green painted tube sitting on a pile of junk. The lady of the house asked "Do you know what that is?" I said, "Why yes I do." Her reply was, "What is it?" I extended it and put in on my shoulder and said "It is a M72 Light Anti Tank Weapon. It is a rocket launcher". It obviously scared her to hear my answer. She sold it to me for $2.00!!!! I need to clean the paint off and repaint it the right color. But holy crap, this thing rocks for my collection. It is of course already fired.
Hey, I'll buy that from you for $4.00!! That way you can double your money!! Hahaha!! I'm so jealous of you. You made a helluva find!!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #23

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I go to yard sales all the time and all I find is junk. Why can't I be this lucky?

Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #24

Liked 31 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

kind of reminds me of when the KC police dept had a gun buy back years ago....some old lady turned in one of those Guide Lamp manufactured grease guns that her husband brought back from WWII.....bet that didn't make it to the foundry....probably in the Chiefs collection.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #25

Liked 434 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 1609

Awesome find!!
Even if it doesnt work you can use it to limit they tactical options of well equipped attackers and get into their decision cycle.

As you are defending your house make sure they see a fleeting glimpse of you sneaking around whit it and they will shelves the armored car attack plan real quick giving you a chance to "only" face the infantry attack

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #26

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Perfect for use on the 4th of july....stick a roman candle in it and you have a great shooter....a launcher for rockets...etc. Or you can always make a spud gun out of it.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #27

Liked 446 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3 View Post
kind of reminds me of when the KC police dept had a gun buy back years ago....some old lady turned in one of those Guide Lamp manufactured grease guns that her husband brought back from WWII.....bet that didn't make it to the foundry....probably in the Chiefs collection.
just a few months ago a woman in New Jersey brought in an "old broken rifle" her late husband had to one of those gun buy backs. the police immediately recognized it as a German STG 44. they told her it was worth several thousand dollars even in the rough condition it was in. They told her if she wanted to get rid of it, have a gunsmith restore it & sell it for her, it would be worth a hell of a lot more than the $100 gift card she would've got.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #28

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've been sailing in the wrong yards....

Really cool. That's a definite cool addition to any collection.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #29
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1

just a few months ago a woman in New Jersey brought in an "old broken rifle" her late husband had to one of those gun buy backs. the police immediately recognized it as a German STG 44. they told her it was worth several thousand dollars even in the rough condition it was in. They told her if she wanted to get rid of it, have a gunsmith restore it & sell it for her, it would be worth a hell of a lot more than the $100 gift card she would've got.
I thought that was in Connecticut?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 07-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #30

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Lucky :-). I've gotta get one. For the right price of course.