so theres this idiot on Gunbroker...
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > so theres this idiot on Gunbroker...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Default so theres this idiot on Gunbroker...

i purchased a 1953 m44 hungarian rifle from this person/s on gunbroker...i sent payment w/copy of C&R FFL to them...they get my payment / C&R & then send me a email saying ''we cannot accept your curios & relics license because it says' THIS LICENSE DOES NOT AUTHORIZE THE HOLDER TO ENGAGE IN THE BUSINESS OF DEALING IN ANY FIREAMS!...just like in the constitution were idiots get the wording screwed up,i might be screwedim pretty sure 99.9% that this rifle is C&R eligible...i asked them to contact the BATFE & let them explain what a C&R is...they are 4 more rifles like this one on gunbroker that say C&R eligible....has anyone else ran into this kind of problem before?...i have used my C&R to purchase lots of firearms & this is a first for me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10549 Times on 4555 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

" Dear sir: I am not a dealer, I am a Collector of Curio & Relic Firearms, which is the FFFL I sent you. The rifle in your auction is classed as a Curio & Relic Firearm, and is covered by the FFL I sent you. You are welcome to verify my FFL with the BATFE. Failure to complete this auction without good cause will result in posting of negative feedback, and a formal complaint to Gunbroker. "

Old 02-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
" Dear sir: I am not a dealer, I am a Collector of Curio & Relic Firearms, which is the FFFL I sent you. The rifle in your auction is classed as a Curio & Relic Firearm, and is covered by the FFL I sent you. You are welcome to verify my FFL with the BATFE. Failure to complete this auction without good cause will result in posting of negative feedback, and a formal complaint to Gunbroker. "
That's perfect c3.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-05-2011, 11:18 PM   #4

no doubt...thanks c3

Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A 58-year-old rifle, C&R rules say 50 years. Sounds like a valid sale to me. This seller does not know what he's talking about.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Bigdog- unfortunately it happens. Have had folks declare that a gun could not BE a C&R, since they still made ammo in that caliber. Or demand a "real" FFL. Have had mine since 1976, and it is as real as it gets. I can understand if the age of the firearm is in question- but if THAT model went out of production in 1940, or the serial number says THAT rilfe was made in 1952, or the BATFE lists that gun by name on their list- that is not legit.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #7

File a complait with gunbroker asap

Old 02-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #8

your missed something the guy at gunbroker did not tell you.a dealer cannot verify if your c&r liscense is still valid.the atf only allows verify if you have a dealers lic.so many guys dont want to take the chance on a sale if they cant verify the liscense

Old 02-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #9

i always ask before i bid on an item if its C & R eligible...most email me back & say yea,or nay...no prob with my C&R before,as its valid,the date on it says so...C & R FFL looks the same as a 01 or 02 FFL..so im not understanding why atf can only verify dealer FFL's only?...even if they was to send this or any other rifle to me 'using my C & R' & turns out that the rifle wasnt C & R eligible,wouldnt i be the only one in hot water?either way i just sent them a copy of my buds 01FFL & i'll have 120bucks total in this rifle so its still not to bad of a deal...it wouldve been nice to save 20bucks on the transfer & not have to drive to get it,what can i say im a cheap skate& thanks to all,the advice that was giving...i appreciate it

Last edited by m72law; 02-12-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:24 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Red- the BATFE can and does verify 03 C&R FFLs. It cannot be done on the EZChek system. You do it by placing a phone call to the BATFE licensing center, give them the license number, name and address, they will verify it. It is not on EZCheck because of privacy- collector usually has HOME address on their FFL.