So Seeing I Had 10 Mosin Nagants.......
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > So Seeing I Had 10 Mosin Nagants.......

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gandog56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile,Alabama
Posts: 262
Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts

Default So Seeing I Had 10 Mosin Nagants.......

....and only 1 Steyr M95. I traded a guy a MN M38 straight up for this Steyr Bulgarian 1903 contract M95. The Mosin only cost me 80 bucks when I bought it, and was counterbored, mis-matched and force matched, but did have a nice lammy stock.

Plus it was the second least accurate Mosin I owned.

gandog56 is offline  
TDS92A Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 413
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

If both parties of the trade are happy, it's a good deal. But dude, you got the better end of this deal by far!
Bigdog57 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Highpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upper Mississippi Valley
Posts: 1,547
Liked 358 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Lucky dog!
Highpower is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,014
Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Lucky dog!

+1 The Steyrs are SOOO underrated in my opinion. They may kick like a mule but are high on my C&R coolness list. The straight pull action is very quick. I got mine as part of a batch of 5 rifles I bought on gunbroker (all 5 sold together as a for parts sale). The seller said this one had a broken bolt ( lol ) He did not realize it was a straight pull. The rifle was whole and matching and turned out beautifully after I restored it.

Good trade on your part..

Last edited by TheOldMan; 08-28-2010 at 11:11 AM.
TheOldMan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:51 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Highpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upper Mississippi Valley
Posts: 1,547
Liked 358 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Dang things are like potato chips - you can't have just one.....

You pick up an Austrian 95, and all of a sudden you have to have a Budapest as well. Buy a 91/30, then you end up with a half dozen M44's. Crazy stuff!
(Hey, who can pass up 3-fers at $45 a pop?)
Highpower is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:54 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,541
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
The seller said this one had a broken bolt ( lol ) He did not realize it was a straight pull.
Haha! That is hilarious.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gandog56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile,Alabama
Posts: 262
Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
+1 The Steyrs are SOOO underrated in my opinion. They may kick like a mule but are high on my C&R coolness list. The straight pull action is very quick. I got mine as part of a batch of 5 rifles I bought on gunbroker (all 5 sold together as a for parts sale). The seller said this one had a broken bolt ( lol ) He did not realize it was a straight pull. The rifle was whole and matching and turned out beautifully after I restored it.

Good trade on your part..
Just got my third one. So now I own an Austrian, a Bulgarian contract, and a Hungarian!
gandog56 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gandog56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mobile,Alabama
Posts: 262
Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Dang things are like potato chips - you can't have just one.....

You pick up an Austrian 95, and all of a sudden you have to have a Budapest as well. Buy a 91/30, then you end up with a half dozen M44's. Crazy stuff!
(Hey, who can pass up 3-fers at $45 a pop?)
I'm up to 12 Mosins now, only ONE is a M44.
gandog56 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,014
Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
Just got my third one. So now I own an Austrian, a Bulgarian contract, and a Hungarian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
I'm up to 12 Mosins now, only ONE is a M44.
Still just have the austrian but it's a bute and a prize in my collection.. I'd like to have the others but there are sooo many other firearms to collect ( lol )..

Only have 9 Mosin Nagants in my collection... 5 91/30's (one is an all matching ORIGINAL sniper) 2 M44's and 1 M38 then I have the officers model revolver =)

I'm still young thiough so I keep looking for more
TheOldMan is offline  
vincent Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TDS92A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Posts: 2,321
Liked 1641 Times on 956 Posts
Likes Given: 4043

Default

That is one beautiful rifle!!

Do you do the restoration on it? If so, what did you seal the stock with?



Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
....and only 1 Steyr M95. I traded a guy a MN M38 straight up for this Steyr Bulgarian 1903 contract M95. The Mosin only cost me 80 bucks when I bought it, and was counterbored, mis-matched and force matched, but did have a nice lammy stock.

Plus it was the second least accurate Mosin I owned.

__________________
The difficult I do immediately, the impossible takes me a few minutes longer.
NRA, U.S. Army (Ret), AGA, F&AM
A Person has to stand for something, or they will fall for anything.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
TDS92A is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Mosin-nagant m44 7.62 kenerly Optics & Mounts 2 08-16-2010 01:39 AM
Mosin, C&R? Comrade Curio & Relic Discussion 3 04-06-2010 01:44 PM
Mosin info saviorslegacy General Rifle Discussion 2 03-11-2010 10:45 AM
Rescued Mosin JiroZero713 General Rifle Discussion 25 04-18-2009 03:13 PM
Mosin M-44 ?? pioneer461 Curio & Relic Discussion 12 03-07-2008 12:37 AM



Newest Threads