Sling Advise?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Sling Advise?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sling Advise?

So I have a Swiss K31 that is in need of a sling. He may become my hunting rifle this season. I have the piece for the bottom of the stock to attach the sling to, but every sling I have tried is too small. Where do you other K31 owners get your slings?

Just because I'm proud, here's the first in what I hope becomes a good sized C&R collection (my only one to date, but the wish list is long):

"Is the average person stupider than he was a generation ago? Or do you just run into more stupid people because fewer stupid people are getting eaten by bears?" - Bill Maher

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #2

Numrich/Gun Parts Corp. Do a search for their web site. Nice to get another clip for the barrel end also.
It is where I got mine.

MY DOG IS SMARTER THAN MOST POLITICIANS

Old 07-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #3

Swissdagger on ebay. If he doesn't have any listed, send him a message. Also check on swissrifles.com. And there may be somebody on the Swiss_K31 yahoo group that has a spare for sale.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I picked one up at a local gun show. The seller said they're becoming scarce. I probably overpaid for mine, but it was around the same time period for the rifle.

They apparently don't use slings for anything other than a carrying device in Europe. Here's how I attached mine. I tried to follow instructions found on swissrifles.com

9x18=Makarov

Old 07-09-2007, 02:31 AM   #5

Try this link for how the sling goes on a K-31.

http://www.rifleslings.com/swiss_k31_sling.htm

Old 07-09-2007, 02:35 AM   #6

I got one from Numrich a few months ago and it didn't fit. It was sold as a sling for a K31 but it wasn't long enough to attach, and if it had been it would have been too snug against the rifle to use. I sent it back and they still have not credited me my money back for it, either. I don't need it to be an authentic sling or anything like that. It would be nice but I've about given up on finding one that fits and is in good condition (the last one actually had stuff growing on it).

"Is the average person stupider than he was a generation ago? Or do you just run into more stupid people because fewer stupid people are getting eaten by bears?" - Bill Maher

Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #7

Default re

http://tassadar1208.home.mindspring.com/index.htm

This place has exactly what you want. And the price is great.

By the way, he is a wizard with leather. Anything you can think of that you want, he'll make it as long as you give him good enough measurements and description.

I installed a leupold 36mm scope on one of my K31's (with a non-drill mount) and I had him make me a set of leather lense caps connected with a leather thong just like the old Swedish sniper rifle scopes. It fit perfectly and looks beautiful.

He also makes leather cheek pads and they are awesome.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:25 AM   #8

Thanks! I might be dropping him a line in the very near future!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:46 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a couple of original K31 slings available on the trader page of my site (url below).

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov