Signing and scanning my C&R
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Signing and scanning my C&R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Signing and scanning my C&R

Hey guys.
I finally figured out how to get my C&R scanned to a PDF using the photocopier at work, but I'm not sure of the order in which to sign and such.
When I first got my license, I made 10 copies and stahed them alongside my original in my fire safe.
I haven't signed anyof them yet, as I haven't made a purchase yet. I know that I can send copies through the mail, and that signing each copy is equal to singing the original. But when I sign each copy, do I date it that day, or do I date it on the day I got the original?
When I scan to a PDF, can I scan a signed copy, or do I have to scan the signed original?

Silly questions, I know.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #2

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

I signed one copy with the date of issue and have a blank ones to sign and rescan to pdf's if needed. So far everyone has taken the pdf with the original date of issue signature.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Ok, thanks.
Hilariously, I was sitting here at my desk with my original license thinking "Crap, now I have to wait til tomorrow to get one of the copies out of the fire safe, sign it, bring it back and scan it so I don't have to sign the original." Then I realized I was standing in front of a PHOTOCOPIER.
/headsmack