Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   Should i be scolded for saying jesus christ on on a post ,is this not america? where (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/should-i-scolded-saying-jesus-christ-post-not-america-where-89555/)

Milsurpshooter60 04-25-2013 02:59 PM

Should i be scolded for saying jesus christ on on a post ,is this not america? where

I was just scolded by forum for saying jesus christ on one my post,s ,??????????? Is that not what we are fighting now free speech and freedom of beleifs?freedom to own what we want ,say what we want do as we want ?I am so sick of the god people and the muslims and all other religions acting like it is such a Big deal to mention their so called god or saviuor so i gues been fun my freinds if i cant speak freely should i be thrown off forum for saying jesus christ? thats just crazy, i can see if i said i hate god or jesus or allah i did not , i just made an exclamation and got scolded and warned right after i offered to buy a subscription , that is total censorship?Ill find a new forum they want to censor our free speech right ,how is that any worse than putting up posts on zombies or how we dont like muslim radical,s? It is 100% unamerican,so that seems very hypocritical to me,what do you think? did that offend you?

Axxe55 04-25-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 (Post 1226666)
I was just scolded by forum for saying jesus christ on one my post,s ,??????????? Is that not what we are fighting now free speech and freedom of beleifs?freedom to own what we want ,say what we want do as we want ?I am so sick of the god people and the muslims and all other religions acting like it is such a Big deal to mention their so called god or saviuor so i gues been fun my freinds if i cant speak freely should i be thrown off forum for saying jesus christ? thats just crazy, i can see if i said i hate god or jesus or allah i did not , i just made an exclamation and got scolded and warned right after i offered to buy a subscription , that is total censorship?Ill find a new forum they want to censor our free speech right ,how is that any worse than putting up posts on zombies or how we dont like muslim radical,s? It is 100% unamerican,so that seems very hypocritical to me,what do you think? did that offend you?

actually the forum is owned by a company. when you signed up and joined, you agreed to abide by the Terms Of Use. so in all truthfulness, your 1st amendment rights end when you log on.

this forum is actually quite leniant with what they allow us to say. best analogy i can give is, it's like being in someone else's home.

eatmydust 04-25-2013 03:09 PM

This is thin ice.

If you were scolded by another poster, then I'm all for the scolding. Free speech is free speech.

If you were PM'd by a moderator, then I think you are owed an apology, in a PM, which may be the best format for this entire discussion.

Milsurpshooter60 04-25-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatmydust (Post 1226679)
This is thin ice.

If you were scolded by another poster, then I'm all for the scolding. Free speech is free speech.

If you were PM'd by a moderator, then I think you are owed an apology, in a PM, which may be the best format for this entire discussion.

YES i was scolded by a moderater and my reply was is this not america?????I dont bother anyone or fight with them on here but thats exactly why we are all in America to not be censored. and if my 1st amendment rights end when i sign into forum i am on wrong forum i say.First i got an e mail from another member i told i did noty mean to offend him , but then i got scolded \by a moderarter and warned not to do it again wtf??????????? thats bs.

vincent 04-25-2013 03:20 PM

Free speech does NOT exist on private property, which this forum is...

Like it or not, some people are offended when the Lord's name is used in vain...which, if you wanna get technical about it, is a sin...

303tom 04-25-2013 03:20 PM

Some people are just too thin-skinned buddy, don`t let it bug ya, if you are getting scolded there, be the better man & DON`T be there...........I got reprimanded on a forum once for proving a Mod. wrong, I never went back.

Axxe55 04-25-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 (Post 1226697)
YES i was scolded by a moderater and my reply was is this not america?????I dont bother anyone or fight with them on here but thats exactly why we are all in America to not be censored. and if my 1st amendment rights end when i sign into forum i am on wrong forum i say.

being on aforum is like being in someone else's home. your freedom of speech is what they allow. it's their home. if they don't like what you're saying, then you either shut up or leave. but in he end, it's their home and they get to make the rules.

Milsurpshooter60 04-25-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 1226699)
Free speech does NOT exist on private property, which this forum is...

Like it or not, some people are offended when the Lord's name is used in vain...which, if you wanna get technical about it, is a sin...

It is a sin to you maybe i dont beleive in any religion period but i dont tell others not too.So no sin in my eyes its an opinion,nothing more

Milsurpshooter60 04-25-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303tom (Post 1226700)
Some people are just too thin-skinned buddy, don`t let it bug ya, if you are getting scolded there, be the better man & DON`T be there...........I got reprimanded on a forum once for proving a Mod. wrong, I never went back.

Just seems very antiamerican to me and very one sided to take the side of a guy that beleives in a god i dont beleive in thought we had that right in america?And i never said i hate god i made an exclamation like you saying omg did you see that?? i dont get the offensivness in that?

Axxe55 04-25-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 (Post 1226703)
It is a sin to you maybe i dont beleive in any religion period but i dont tell others not too.So no sin in my eyes its an opinion,nothing more

i'm sorry but what am i missing here? you don't believe in any religion and you used the Lord's name and you got scolded for it and now you're feelings are hurt? seriously partner, it's time to just move past it and go on. IMO, you're making this out to be some civil rights violation. it's not.