Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   S&W 32 Long CTG (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/s-w-32-long-ctg-28967/)

joecamphill 07-04-2010 04:17 AM

S&W 32 Long CTG
 
2 Attachment(s)
I recently acquired a S&W 32 Long CTG which has been in the family for a number of years. There are patent dates on the barrel which range from April 9, 1889 to July 7, 1903. It has a 4 1/4" barrel and has the number 10966 stamped on the bottom of the butt. From the attached pictures, you can see that the bluing is worn a bit on the cylinder.

Can anyone tell me when this revolver was manufactured, the approximate value and any other information about it?

Thank You....

danf_fl 07-04-2010 10:23 AM

Joe, This post would have better in one of the other categories. "Support and Suggestions" is for posts should you need support on a forum feature or have a suggestion to improve the forum. Your post does neither.
You should read some of the posts before starting a new thread. In those started by new people (and number of posts = 1), almost everyone has been advised to go to the "Introductions" section. Please do that.
Welcome to the forum

IGETEVEN 07-05-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 309888)
Joe, This post would have better in one of the other categories. "Support and Suggestions" is for posts should you need support on a forum feature or have a suggestion to improve the forum. Your post does neither.
You should read some of the posts before starting a new thread. In those started by new people (and number of posts = 1), almost everyone has been advised to go to the "Introductions" section. Please do that.
Welcome to the forum

What he said. :D

Your post should go here:

Curio & Relic Discussion
Curio & Relic and collectors license discussion.

Jack

Dillinger 07-05-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 310115)

Your post should go here:

Curio & Relic Discussion
Curio & Relic and collectors license discussion.

Jack

By your command, oh Dangerous One. :o

ScottG 07-05-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belercous (Post 310136)
Are you guys just messin' with the new guy? This isn't a question about a C&R liscense, nor should it go under support & suggestions. Wtf?

The forum is about C&R firearms too, not just the license.

Gortok 07-06-2010 11:57 PM

So...
What's the definition of C & R? Antique? Is there a difference?

I also have a 32 long Hand Ejector I-frame. It has the same length barrel but is in nickel finish. Half moon front sight, 3rd edition. A local pawn shop offered me $200 for it. I figured it has more sentimental value than that...
The range I go to just bought a VALUE BUNDLE of 32 long. Cheap, too...

Oh, lucky me...:p

Benning Boy 07-07-2010 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belercous (Post 311083)
My S&W model 1903 hand ejector is a C&R gun and it appears to be made after joecamphill's. What is the problem with his post?

Nothing wrong with the post, except it was originally posted in the support and suggestion section. It has now been relocated to an appropriate section.

Benning Boy 07-07-2010 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gortok (Post 311002)
So...
What's the definition of C & R? Antique? Is there a difference?

I also have a 32 long Hand Ejector I-frame. It has the same length barrel but is in nickel finish. Half moon front sight, 3rd edition. A local pawn shop offered me $200 for it. I figured it has more sentimental value than that...
The range I go to just bought a VALUE BUNDLE of 32 long. Cheap, too...

Oh, lucky me...:p

A C&R is on an ATF list that can be purchased by a C&R liscense holder with a copy of the license alone.

A general guideline is if the gun is 50 years old, or older. That's a guideline only, some more recent models have made the list, and not every gun that hits 50 qualifies. The ATF list is the final say-so.

I'm fuzzy on what qualifies as an antique.......

IDVague 07-09-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecamphill (Post 309841)
I recently acquired a S&W 32 Long CTG which has been in the family for a number of years. There are patent dates on the barrel which range from April 9, 1889 to July 7, 1903. It has a 4 1/4" barrel and has the number 10966 stamped on the bottom of the butt. From the attached pictures, you can see that the bluing is worn a bit on the cylinder.

Can anyone tell me when this revolver was manufactured, the approximate value and any other information about it?

Thank You....

Joe, I have one that looks identical that has a much larger serial number and its manufacture date was 1012, so I can only assume yours is even older. Looks great for its age.

dlculp 08-03-2011 11:11 PM

were in the same boat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joecamphill (Post 309841)
I recently acquired a S&W 32 Long CTG which has been in the family for a number of years. There are patent dates on the barrel which range from April 9, 1889 to July 7, 1903. It has a 4 1/4" barrel and has the number 10966 stamped on the bottom of the butt. From the attached pictures, you can see that the bluing is worn a bit on the cylinder.

Can anyone tell me when this revolver was manufactured, the approximate value and any other information about it?

Thank You....

I don't know how long you've been waiting on a ansewer for your ?. I also have the same thing only with a slightly higher s/n. It was my grandfathers but i dont know any of the history of it. The #'s are so spread out you don't know when it was made. That's all i would like to know also is the history of the gun, which seems to be as elusife as big foot. that's how i found this site. I hope that we get a ansewer . But how long have you been waiting so i dont get my hopes up.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:18 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.