Ross Rifle Question?????

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Ross Rifle Question?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

Default Ross Rifle Question?????

I inherited a rifle from my grandfather andI can't seem to find any information on it and was wondering if anyone could help.

The rifle is made by Ross Rifle Co. Quebec Canada 1905 (chambered in 303)

I asked my dad about it and he vaguely remembers my grandfather bringing it home from the steel mill he worked at as a barrel assembly and had to carve out his own stock. He said they were smelting the down to recycle the steel.
I know this was a long time ago but any info is good info.

Thanks Crazy64

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #2

Default ross 303

that was a ww1 canadian rifle. straight pull. the bolt can be assembled wrong and wont lock up.it was subject to jamming in the mud of the trenches so was removed from service.some were used for snipping. the civilian model was in 280 ross and quite accurate.since you can find most things on web try puting in ross 280 or ross 303.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #3

Default Ross Rifle

Hi Canadian ross I can tell you anything you want to know about ross rifles They can be dangerous ,But when handled properly they are safe let me know what you need Carl Hartley