renewing a C&R time frame - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > renewing a C&R time frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I have filled out an application for C&R and am making sure I have everything correct. Do I have to fill out the Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. as well being a natural citizen, or is that just for immigrants like resident aliens?
Just for resident aliens. It took me some thinking last year when I got my C&R.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I know, I couldn't decide which way it meant. At the top it says "You must complete this certification or the ATF will not be able to act upon your application and the application will be returned to you." Then about number 4 or so, it says "if you are a citizen of the United States then skip to number....." You'd think they'd at least try to make it clear.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I know, I couldn't decide which way it meant. At the top it says "You must complete this certification or the ATF will not be able to act upon your application and the application will be returned to you." Then about number 4 or so, it says "if you are a citizen of the United States then skip to number....." You'd think they'd at least try to make it clear.
Make it clear? Well, that would make the large crews we pay to make any and all government forms totally confusing unnecessary. In 58 years of living, I have yet to see a government form that is easily understood.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #14

Liked 152 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
i eventually got my renewal forms mid january and my lic is due to expire 3/31/2013.

ball is in my court for now
I think I sent my renewal out between 3/15 and 3/20 and i got it back about before end of April...that's not too bad in my book for a federal gov paperwork processing time.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #15

Likes Given: 1

I wasn't able to send my renewal when I got it,money's tight.
Since mine expires in just about a month,I'm just going to renew it in person at the office in Tampa.
The turn-around time will be however long it takes me to get out of there that day.
Not too bad,and they take the photo and notarize your form.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:32 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10543 Times on 4553 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

Bob- the discussion was about a Federal Firearms License, not a concealed carry license. We have no photos on a FFL.