Recent score
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Recent score

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
N1431A
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 14 Posts

Default Recent score

I just managed to purchase a CYQ P-38 Manufactured Oct 43 all matching with 1/44 dated pigskin holster and extra magazine. and a model 14 Nambu with an excellent rubberized canvas holster. The Nambu dated 6/43 is matching down to the magazine and grips. The holster contains the cleaning rod but not the extra firing pin.

I'll post some pictures shortly.

Cheers:

Paul
Salome, AZ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Chop, chop, Paul.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
N1431A
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Hubba Hubba Chop Chop boysan here they are.

img_2799.jpg   img_2802.jpg  

Old 01-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanton View Post
Hubba Hubba Chop Chop boysan here they are.
They are outstanding, but that Nambu holster really caught my eye. It is in better shape than the Type14, which is rare.

Do you know the provenance of them? Any import marks?

I have a Type 14 that was captured at Tarawa, and given to me by a friend whose dad brought it back. Are you planning to fire yours? I bought 500rds of ammo for mine ("something" X, brand?) but have not tried it yet. I should probably re-spring it first.

Mine did come home with the holster, but I found one for a reasonable price and scooped it up.

My P38 is all matching, pristine, orig hard shell holster and shoots like a match grade pistol.

Old pic, but they have not changed.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

two great sets ,Rock do ya mean the 8mm nambu ammo,? the nambu gun goes for $700 around here,but finding the ammo here is like finding gold,not one nambu owner I know of has ammo for his gun

Old 01-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
two great sets ,Rock do ya mean the 8mm nambu ammo,? the nambu gun goes for $700 around here,but finding the ammo here is like finding gold,not one nambu owner I know of has ammo for his gun
Yes, I was referring to the ammo. The original ammo is all very collectible and brings several dollars per round, but brass is commercially available. There is a company that loads 8mmNambu using lead bullets at the standard velocity and pressure. I'm having a brain malfunction today because I cannot remember the name of the company, but it will come to me. teh company name has an "X" in it, IIRC.

I do not like to have guns without at least a small amount of ammo for them, so I bought a 500rd bulk box of 8mmNambu.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Good find pmanton. Looks to be in great shape!

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
N1431A
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

They are outstanding, but that Nambu holster really caught my eye. It is in better shape than the Type14, which is rare.

Both firearms were obtained from a long time friend. He has had them since he obtained them from the vet who served in both theaters.

The Nambu holster is indeed in outstanding shape. The shoulder strap however is very stiff and the rubberized canvas has delaminated where it has been folded.

Cheers:

Paul
Salome, AZ

Old 01-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations on two very nice historic pistols.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanton View Post

Both firearms were obtained from a long time friend. He has had them since he obtained them from the vet who served in both theaters.

The Nambu holster is indeed in outstanding shape. The shoulder strap however is very stiff and the rubberized canvas has delaminated where it has been folded.

Cheers:

Paul
Salome, AZ
Very nice, Paul. There is a guy on the Luger forum who is brilliant at holster restorations. He may be able to help the Nambu holster.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI