Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   Recent score (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/recent-score-36954/)

pmanton 01-16-2011 12:14 AM

Recent score

I just managed to purchase a CYQ P-38 Manufactured Oct 43 all matching with 1/44 dated pigskin holster and extra magazine. and a model 14 Nambu with an excellent rubberized canvas holster. The Nambu dated 6/43 is matching down to the magazine and grips. The holster contains the cleaning rod but not the extra firing pin.

I'll post some pictures shortly.

Cheers:

Paul
Salome, AZ

M14sRock 01-17-2011 01:13 AM

Chop, chop, Paul.:p

pmanton 01-17-2011 03:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hubba Hubba Chop Chop boysan here they are.

M14sRock 01-17-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmanton (Post 423860)
Hubba Hubba Chop Chop boysan here they are.

They are outstanding, but that Nambu holster really caught my eye. It is in better shape than the Type14, which is rare.

Do you know the provenance of them? Any import marks?

I have a Type 14 that was captured at Tarawa, and given to me by a friend whose dad brought it back. Are you planning to fire yours? I bought 500rds of ammo for mine ("something" X, brand?) but have not tried it yet. I should probably re-spring it first.

Mine did come home with the holster, but I found one for a reasonable price and scooped it up.

My P38 is all matching, pristine, orig hard shell holster and shoots like a match grade pistol.

Old pic, but they have not changed.
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...k/DSC02588.jpg

Reinhard 01-17-2011 06:04 PM

two great sets ,Rock do ya mean the 8mm nambu ammo,? the nambu gun goes for $700 around here,but finding the ammo here is like finding gold,not one nambu owner I know of has ammo for his gun

M14sRock 01-17-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 423915)
two great sets ,Rock do ya mean the 8mm nambu ammo,? the nambu gun goes for $700 around here,but finding the ammo here is like finding gold,not one nambu owner I know of has ammo for his gun

Yes, I was referring to the ammo. The original ammo is all very collectible and brings several dollars per round, but brass is commercially available. There is a company that loads 8mmNambu using lead bullets at the standard velocity and pressure. I'm having a brain malfunction today because I cannot remember the name of the company, but it will come to me. teh company name has an "X" in it, IIRC.

I do not like to have guns without at least a small amount of ammo for them, so I bought a 500rd bulk box of 8mmNambu.

amoroque 01-17-2011 07:43 PM

Good find pmanton. Looks to be in great shape!

pmanton 01-18-2011 01:59 PM

They are outstanding, but that Nambu holster really caught my eye. It is in better shape than the Type14, which is rare.

Both firearms were obtained from a long time friend. He has had them since he obtained them from the vet who served in both theaters.

The Nambu holster is indeed in outstanding shape. The shoulder strap however is very stiff and the rubberized canvas has delaminated where it has been folded.

Cheers:

Paul
Salome, AZ

CA357 01-18-2011 05:23 PM

Congratulations on two very nice historic pistols.

M14sRock 01-19-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmanton (Post 424431)

Both firearms were obtained from a long time friend. He has had them since he obtained them from the vet who served in both theaters.

The Nambu holster is indeed in outstanding shape. The shoulder strap however is very stiff and the rubberized canvas has delaminated where it has been folded.

Cheers:

Paul
Salome, AZ

Very nice, Paul. There is a guy on the Luger forum who is brilliant at holster restorations. He may be able to help the Nambu holster.