Re: Book on Service Revolvers.......

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Re: Book on Service Revolvers.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 252 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Re: Book on Service Revolvers.......

The correspondent Boris asked for reccommendations for a book on service revolvers, and this has piqued my interest. So, I have been doing some research on British metallic cartridge service revolvers, and what an interesting study it is!

The British Enfield, the first cartridge revolver in the British Army, started the British War Office off on the wrong foot, and things went downhill from there. A better revolver was adopted, but the ammunition was a long time getting to the troops, so the older ammunition was issued as an expedient.

This has been a most convoluted study from the beginning. If there is enough interest, I'll post in the Firearms Knowledge Base forum.

Bob Wright

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here