Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Radom VIS Mod 35

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Radom VIS Mod 35

OK, so I went to the local pawn shop to see if they had a computer projector for Scubie to use when he teaches his CHL classes, which they did.

After that was taken care of, of course I have to go over to the firearms section to see what they have on display today. They had a Marlin 35 lever action, a Winchester 1967 Canadian Centennial lever action 30-30 with the hang tag still on it, a couple of Mauser, an AK, a really old double barrel coach gun, another old mil-surp that I didn't look at, an over-priced DPMS .223, and another one that I don't remember what it was, nothing really talked to me.

I then went to the pistol case. There were a couple of Stars (blech), a couple of Walther P-1's, a Belgian-made Browning that was pretty nice, and then the clerk pulled out this kinda 1911 look-alike out and handed it to me. I had looked at it in the case, but didn't recognize the "FB" on the grip and thought it was a knock off. Well, was I wrong. I turned it over and looked at the right side of the gun. Looking back at me, beside the serial number was this distinctive eagle with a swaztika underneath it. All of the sudden, it started talking to me, very loudly. It appears to be a WWII bring back and is in very good shape with original patina and does not appear to have to been reworked at all. The clerk said that the guy who brough it in didn't have any idea what he had and "brought it in in a cigar box." I think I got a pretty good deal. Don't know if I will be able to find any other mags though. Oh well, we'll see.

Thanks to Scubie for the pics.

radom-rt-comp-blur.jpg   radom-slide-lf-comp.jpg   radom-slide-rt-comp-blur.jpg  

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Last edited by Glasshartt; 06-17-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Beautiful Radom Glass.

One of those is on my wish list.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I had never heard of them until today.

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #4

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Wow! Very cool find and piece of history.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #5

Liked 317 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i bought one of those 6 years ago at a local hardware store, my first big bore handgun. mine is a bit newer than yours, serial number starting with a "W" & proof marks slightly different. there's no "Waa" in front of the "77," just the eagle over the top of it. i paid $360 for it then & they threw in a cheap box of ammo with it.

i did find another mag for it through sportsmans guide but it was a cheap aftermarket one that needed some fiddling to make it work. & it still doesn't always lock the slide open on the last shot

there's alot of these on gunbroker but you can't buy 'em....meaning that either the reserve price or starting bid are so ridiculously high, no one buys them. the same ones get relisted over & over.

you don't hafta tell me but i'm curious what you paid for yours. and congrats on the new pistol!

Last edited by donthav1; 06-17-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #6

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Very nice piece of history, and not that common in the condition you have. Great find. I beleive they are a high power clone.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 06-18-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Nice score, Glass! The Vis P35 is one of the best combat handguns of WW2. Most were appropriated for use by the Waffen SS.

If you are planning to shoot it, get a set of replacement stocks for it. The original bakelites are fragile, and expensive. But they shrink when not on the gun, so keep them on it for storage and change to the repros for shooting.

Here is mine (along with some other service pistols).

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I paid $700. for the condition I think I did pretty good.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt View Post
I paid $700. for the condition I think I did pretty good.
Not too bad. They aren't making any more of them.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #10

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Value will only go up!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.