Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (
-   -   Radom VIS Mod 35 (

Glasshartt 06-17-2011 06:52 AM

Radom VIS Mod 35
3 Attachment(s)
OK, so I went to the local pawn shop to see if they had a computer projector for Scubie to use when he teaches his CHL classes, which they did.

After that was taken care of, of course I have to go over to the firearms section to see what they have on display today. They had a Marlin 35 lever action, a Winchester 1967 Canadian Centennial lever action 30-30 with the hang tag still on it, a couple of Mauser, an AK, a really old double barrel coach gun, another old mil-surp that I didn't look at, an over-priced DPMS .223, and another one that I don't remember what it was, nothing really talked to me.

I then went to the pistol case. There were a couple of Stars (blech), a couple of Walther P-1's, a Belgian-made Browning that was pretty nice, and then the clerk pulled out this kinda 1911 look-alike out and handed it to me. I had looked at it in the case, but didn't recognize the "FB" on the grip and thought it was a knock off. Well, was I wrong. I turned it over and looked at the right side of the gun. Looking back at me, beside the serial number was this distinctive eagle with a swaztika underneath it. All of the sudden, it started talking to me, very loudly. It appears to be a WWII bring back and is in very good shape with original patina and does not appear to have to been reworked at all. The clerk said that the guy who brough it in didn't have any idea what he had and "brought it in in a cigar box." I think I got a pretty good deal. Don't know if I will be able to find any other mags though. Oh well, we'll see.

Thanks to Scubie for the pics.

CA357 06-17-2011 07:31 AM

Beautiful Radom Glass. :cool:

One of those is on my wish list.

Glasshartt 06-17-2011 07:41 AM

I had never heard of them until today.

NitroxAZ 06-17-2011 03:55 PM

Wow! Very cool find and piece of history.

donthav1 06-17-2011 10:52 PM

i bought one of those 6 years ago at a local hardware store, my first big bore handgun. mine is a bit newer than yours, serial number starting with a "W" & proof marks slightly different. there's no "Waa" in front of the "77," just the eagle over the top of it. i paid $360 for it then & they threw in a cheap box of ammo with it.

i did find another mag for it through sportsmans guide but it was a cheap aftermarket one that needed some fiddling to make it work. & it still doesn't always lock the slide open on the last shot

there's alot of these on gunbroker but you can't buy 'em....meaning that either the reserve price or starting bid are so ridiculously high, no one buys them. the same ones get relisted over & over.

you don't hafta tell me but i'm curious what you paid for yours. and congrats on the new pistol!

jpattersonnh 06-18-2011 12:21 PM

Very nice piece of history, and not that common in the condition you have. Great find. I beleive they are a high power clone.

M14sRock 06-19-2011 12:43 AM

Nice score, Glass! The Vis P35 is one of the best combat handguns of WW2. Most were appropriated for use by the Waffen SS.

If you are planning to shoot it, get a set of replacement stocks for it. The original bakelites are fragile, and expensive. But they shrink when not on the gun, so keep them on it for storage and change to the repros for shooting.

Here is mine (along with some other service pistols).

Glasshartt 06-19-2011 12:53 AM

I paid $700. for the condition I think I did pretty good.

M14sRock 06-19-2011 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Glasshartt (Post 525302)
I paid $700. for the condition I think I did pretty good.

Not too bad. They aren't making any more of them.

jpattersonnh 06-19-2011 02:15 AM

Value will only go up!