Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Radom VIS: Manual Safety?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Radom VIS: Manual Safety?

Though there are no obvious controls on the VIS that offer a manual safety, I noticed that when the hammer on my VIS is at a 1/2 cock, it locks the trigger and acts as a manual safety (much like my 1892 Winchester replica).

Though nothing I've ever read about the VIS suggests that there is a manual safety, the design makes sense with knowing that this pistol was originally designed for use by Poland Calvary.

At a 1/2 cock, the hammer is relatively easy to bring into a full cocked position with the thumb or maybe down the pants leg by a solder in the Calvary.
It may even be designed that way to pass some sort of drop test. I don't know.

Can anyone tell me if this was the intent of this design?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here