question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Default question

I tried to find this on the internet before starting a new thread, but I have a 91/30 Mosin Nagant Izhevsk, I was looking at the stock a few minutes ago and I noticed a big 1 in the stock right above the butt plat serial # what the hell does this mean?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #2

Likes Given: 2

Hard to say, But have a look here...

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinMarks.htm

Many of the marks are unknown.
Good luck

Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #3

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

That's where I looked through the hole site but I couldn't find anything about the number, I wonder if it's just a grade marking. The rifle as a hole isn't bad the trigger is ok and it's pretty accurate but the one unknown number is just annoying the living hell out of me

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Try here...

http://forums.gunboards.com/

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"