Polish K98 Marking Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Polish K98 Marking Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default Polish K98 Marking Help

I posted pics of this recently purchased rifle in another thread but now I need help with marking info.

Its a WWI Polish K98, a reparations rifle from Germany, later it was sold/given to Spain during the Spanish civil war (which I know because there is a large "A" stamped on the stock). It was scrubbed of all receiver markings except the serial number "40XX H" and a small "790" at the top center of the receiver ring below the step, plus the serial number repeated on other parts. The other markings I'm curious about are in the sling bar well, on one side is a gothic "4" and another mark on the other side that I've included a picture of (little ladybug looking thing). Any information on these markings and the rifle would be greatly appreciated.

mausermark.jpg   k98poland.jpg  

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Your Rifle was built by Radom! Polish Radom K98 (Wz29) Rifles were exported to many countries. The ones used in the Spanish civil war came in through China, Mexico, Peru, and Greece. You should find a Z inside a circle.