Police Positive .22 Cal.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Police Positive .22 Cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Police Positive .22 Cal.

Is it possible to tell from this picture approximately what the value is. It's a Colt Police Positive in .22LR. It's very well worn. If it had bluing , it's gone. Same with the checkering, very well worn. Just curious. It came from my grandfather so it's true value is there. It looks like the serial number is 33204 if that helps. Seems low to me but it's the only number I can find on it.
30-12-10_1325.jpg  
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Last edited by hogrider; 12-30-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: ??add serial number??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #2

Best I've come up with is between 200 and 400 hundred buck. Anybody got a better range?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 01-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

What is the last patent date on top of the barrel? If last patent date of july 4, 1905 it is an older Model G. If the date is Oct. 5, 1926 you have a later Model C.

I am only finding the Police Positive Target model in 22lr. They go from a low of $210 to a high of $1100. I would go with a book price of about $360 to $390. maybe a little lower.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Do you have the adjustable front sight with the bronze bead? Is it marked "Match"? anywhere?

I have a 1924 mfg Match Target in .22 and it is a lot of fun to shoot.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #5

The last patent date is july 4, 1905. I guess that makes it an older Model G.
The front sight does appear adjustable. The rear sight is for windage.
I don't see the word target or match anywhere. Just police positive .22 cal.

Patriot Guard Rider

Last edited by hogrider; 01-02-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: EDITED FOR FRONT SIGHT INFO

Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #6

Does the fact that this gun does not have Match or Target make it rare or just another plain not worth that much gun? I'm just curious because the true value is in the fact that it came from my grandfather. I have no intention of selling. Just curious and I can't find anything on anything except a Target model. Again, this has no such marking. Nor Match.

Patriot Guard Rider