Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > parker hale enfield sporter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Took her out to the range on Sat. What a sweet rifle. Shot like a dream. Front of the gun liked to jump a bit off the sand bag. My biggest problem was seeing any detail on the target at 100 yards. Hit the 8.5 x11" target everytime just couldn't see the bulls eye at that distance. 50 yards nice 2" groups slightly low to the right. A little sight adjustments to the left and almost right on. I have a feeling Santa's bringing me a scope or a suggested new peep sight for Christmas.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 AM   #12

I'll bet she jumps off the bag!.Nice looking sporter,glad to hear it's a shooter as well.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Cool beans.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
Took her out to the range on Sat. What a sweet rifle. Shot like a dream. Front of the gun liked to jump a bit off the sand bag. My biggest problem was seeing any detail on the target at 100 yards. Hit the 8.5 x11" target everytime just couldn't see the bulls eye at that distance. 50 yards nice 2" groups slightly low to the right. A little sight adjustments to the left and almost right on. I have a feeling Santa's bringing me a scope or a suggested new peep sight for Christmas.
Glad it shoots for ya!!
I just found this post--- my no4 mk1 has this type rear sight. Guess they came with different sights??

Not my pic, but same sight

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Glad it shoots for ya!!
I just found this post--- my no4 mk1 has this type rear sight. Guess they came with different sights??

Not my pic, but same sight
They also came with micrometer sites.

To group17: Maybe you need a bigger target to see at 100 yards. I'm not sure of your target type but open sights require a larger target than you would normally use for a scoped rifle. Do you use any sort of sight black to dull reflective metal on the sights? That will go a way towards improving clarity. What type of hold do you use? 6 o'clock?

Old 12-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #16

Default Another variation I've got on my No.4

A variation of a rear sight I'd not seen before on Enfields. May be hard to distinguish from this picture (sorry) but it is different from the posted picture above.

gunboard-pics-110.jpg  

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Last edited by RCHanlin; 12-12-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #17

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default looks some what like....

It looks somewhat like the Golden State Santa Fe sporter

Golden State Arms - Santa Fe Sporter.

I got one for my 13th birthday almost 40 yrs. ago. and have done a little updating since. It was $37 back then. I don't believe in butchering milsurps myself but it was already started when I got it. I do have a #4 mk1 Savage made in full military. But the Santa Fe is now my pet rifle. It shoots 1-1/2 moa with a cheap Tasco and factory ammo.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/members/dteed4094/albums/my-guns/724-mod-santa-fe-golden-state-arms-303-brit.jpg.

I know this is an old post but I was in C&R trying to get info on an old shotgun and saw this post, thought you might be interested.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #18

Finally got around to trying a scope on her. It is a vast improvement to the peep sight that came with her IMO. Zeroed in just fine and everything can be put back to original in short order.