Old Shotgun, Shotgun Pistol Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Old Shotgun, Shotgun Pistol Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Old Shotgun, Shotgun Pistol Help

j stevens arms and tool company is the name on this shotgun. old single shot.

the pistol says; Mass.Arms.Co. Chicopee Falls.Mass. choke bored

its in old condition, and cant make out everything on it. has some engraving along the left side above trigger, too worn to see what it says.

so im just lookin for information on these guns. both came from my granparents, who got them from their parents. and now i found/have them. i dont plan to ever get rid of them, but i do wanna know as much about them as possible. should i try and clean them up? or let them be?

thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Massachusetts Arms Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WikiAnswers - What is the age of a 12 gauge Massachusetts Arms Co Chicopee Falls Mass single shot shotgun

A couple of sites for info on the MAC shotguns. That 'pistol' did NOT start out that way - obvious home job - probably illegal by today's laws. Maybe make some discreet 'anonymous' calls to the police and BATFE to get their take on it.

So, 'collector value' is nil on the 'pistol', and not much for the old shotgun - it's a basic model Stevens. I'd oil it and clean it, but do not remove the patina. If someone were interested in it for it's age, that patina holds much of it's value.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #3

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

That pistol is about as illegal as you can get. I'd take the barrel off and throw it as far away as I could and not let anybody see me do it.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
That pistol is about as illegal as you can get. I'd take the barrel off and throw it as far away as I could and not let anybody see me do it.
I hope that was a joke.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2733 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Why would you pesume that to be a joke? To advocate someone dismantle and destroy a prohibited firearm to avoid 5 years in the Federal pokey does not really sound like a joke to me.

Don't tell me it was made that way. A single shot 12 ga pistol would not be stamped "Choke Bored". That, is an example of a sawed off shotgun.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

That is like Robo (da thread killa) says...illegal and I will offer this: Illegal As Hell!! If you look at the stock, you can tell it was also cut down and hand carved rather poorly at that. If you want, fill the barrel with concrete and hang it on the wall. In other words, make sure it is not in any way a working firearm.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #7

Thanks guys.

Great info, however I will not be destroying any guns and throwing parts out. Worst case scenario, we bury guns around here.

Last edited by Sooie; 07-13-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooie View Post
Thanks guys.

Great info, however I will not be destroying any guns and throwing parts out. Worst case scenario, we bury guns around here.
Sooie, I hope you don't take such drastic measures. If you don't intend to fire the weapon (and I'm confident that you don't) there are plenty of ways to make the gun non-firing and no more illegal than a movie prop from an old Cagney gangster flick.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #9

guys.

please dont worry. lol

both guns are non working. especially the pistol. the barrel wont open, and the trigger is stuck. its totally non workable. its nothing more than a super cool paper weight. i dont even want it to work. i like it the way it is. a sentimentel antique. thanks for yalls info and concerns

Last edited by Sooie; 07-11-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooie View Post
j stevens arms and tool company is the name on this shotgun. old single shot.

the pistol says; Mass.Arms.Co. Chicopee Falls.Mass. choke bored

its in old condition, and cant make out everything on it. has some engraving along the left side above trigger, too worn to see what it says.

so im just lookin for information on these guns. both came from my granparents, who got them from their parents. and now i found/have them. i dont plan to ever get rid of them, but i do wanna know as much about them as possible. should i try and clean them up? or let them be?

thanks.
So, why did you ask if you should clean them up or let them be? Is it because you did not know one of them is illegal to own nowdays?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!