Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > No word on received check, days later no pm....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default No word on received check, days later no pm....

Is it alright to ask just some general questions here about private deals?
My first such was in March '08, despite my middle age.

I've made several small deals on the Internet, from a nice Mini 30, down to small groups of items such as 50 rds. ammo, ammo dies and cases, etc, and dealt easily with about five different people.

Within a day of Thanksgiving, sent the required cashier's check to the seller (and a pm), who had stated that he would be out of town hunting for several days.
He seems to have made a number of deals with other people after checking his nickname on Google, and appears to be both experienced and reliable, earning very good reports.

Last edited by Laufer; 12-09-2009 at 07:47 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #2

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Shoot him a follow up PM just to check on it. I've had people ship things but forget to shoot me an email letting me know.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #3

Right. There is so much frequent contact on the Net, that a time gap appears to look suspiscious.

Finally 'heard' from the guy due to a long-distance hunting season etc, or compressed life between holidays.

Last edited by Laufer; 12-10-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #4

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I hope it works out for you.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #5

Did you get your merchandise Laufer?

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Old 12-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

What did he ship to you?

Old 12-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #7

He sent a pm over a week ago saying that it would ship on Friday.
The friend, whose house is receiving it might have been gone for a few days, as he has not returned a cell phone message from four days ago. This could explain it, as the seller has a list of smooth deals in the recent past.

Don Davis: 400 rds. of .303 tracer ammo, but whether it is actually tracer or not does not matter to me for the really good price.

Last edited by Laufer; 12-19-2009 at 04:51 AM.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #8

Still not received your merchandise? If I read the OP correctly, you've been waiting since mid November for this ammunition right ? You have the patience of Jobe my friend.

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Old 12-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #9

The seller stated over a week ago that he slipped on ice and was 'down' for several days, plus the friend who will receive it planned to be out of town for Christmas.

My friend returned home today and found the well-packaged box of ammo on his doorstep.
The old .303 headstamps are: "D/ Z" "42" and "B P D" "952". Looks a lot like what Samco sold last April.

A second seller took about two weeks to get a sealed pack of pulled .311 bullets here, so it is just a hectic, slippery time of year.
Even really good people make mistakes or get disorganized then get hurt.
Being the burned "pot" (disorganized), it's not really my place "to call the kettle black", and both prices were quite reasonable.

I thank guys for your input and concern.

Last edited by Laufer; 12-27-2009 at 03:51 AM.