Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   No word on received check, days later no pm.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/no-word-received-check-days-later-no-pm-20906/)

Laufer 12-09-2009 06:44 AM

No word on received check, days later no pm....

Is it alright to ask just some general questions here about private deals?
My first such was in March '08, despite my middle age.

I've made several small deals on the Internet, from a nice Mini 30, down to small groups of items such as 50 rds. ammo, ammo dies and cases, etc, and dealt easily with about five different people.

Within a day of Thanksgiving, sent the required cashier's check to the seller (and a pm), who had stated that he would be out of town hunting for several days.
He seems to have made a number of deals with other people after checking his nickname on Google, and appears to be both experienced and reliable, earning very good reports.

spittinfire 12-09-2009 12:35 PM

Shoot him a follow up PM just to check on it. I've had people ship things but forget to shoot me an email letting me know.

Laufer 12-10-2009 06:40 AM

Right. There is so much frequent contact on the Net, that a time gap appears to look suspiscious.

Finally 'heard' from the guy due to a long-distance hunting season etc, or compressed life between holidays.

CA357 12-10-2009 03:47 PM

I hope it works out for you.

RCHanlin 12-12-2009 12:18 PM

Did you get your merchandise Laufer?

Don Davis 12-12-2009 01:11 PM

What did he ship to you?

Laufer 12-19-2009 05:44 AM

He sent a pm over a week ago saying that it would ship on Friday.
The friend, whose house is receiving it might have been gone for a few days, as he has not returned a cell phone message from four days ago. This could explain it, as the seller has a list of smooth deals in the recent past.

Don Davis: 400 rds. of .303 tracer ammo, but whether it is actually tracer or not does not matter to me for the really good price.

RCHanlin 12-19-2009 11:26 AM

Still not received your merchandise? If I read the OP correctly, you've been waiting since mid November for this ammunition right ? You have the patience of Jobe my friend.

Laufer 12-25-2009 07:30 AM

The seller stated over a week ago that he slipped on ice and was 'down' for several days, plus the friend who will receive it planned to be out of town for Christmas.

My friend returned home today and found the well-packaged box of ammo on his doorstep.:D
The old .303 headstamps are: "D/ Z" "42" and "B P D" "952". Looks a lot like what Samco sold last April.

A second seller took about two weeks to get a sealed pack of pulled .311 bullets here, so it is just a hectic, slippery time of year.
Even really good people make mistakes or get disorganized then get hurt.
Being the burned "pot" (disorganized), it's not really my place "to call the kettle black", and both prices were quite reasonable.

I thank guys for your input and concern.