Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   Newest Addition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/newest-addition-96747/)

zaitsev44 09-08-2013 08:32 PM

Newest Addition
 
19 Attachment(s)
I just bought a 1936 hex reciever Izhevsk Spanish Civil War Mosin M91/30. I think I got a good deal, $150. It missing the handguard and the barrel bands. The bore is decent. I'd say 9/10 parts are Tula, the trigger and the magazine footplate are both Izhevsk bow and arrow marked. The stock is a Tula, with a repair. Tell me what y'all think.

Attachment 117662



Attachment 117663



Attachment 117664



Attachment 117665



Attachment 117665



Attachment 117666



Attachment 117667



Attachment 117668



Attachment 117669



Attachment 117671



Attachment 117672



Attachment 117673



Attachment 117674



Attachment 117675



Attachment 117676



Attachment 117678



Attachment 117677



Attachment 117679



Attachment 117680

zaitsev44 09-08-2013 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 117681
I thought this was odd. It reminds me of the magazine cutoff on the Lee Enfield No1 M3*. What is it though?

Garadex 09-09-2013 04:14 AM

I think it's called an interrupter it keeps the rounds from getting rimlock when you try to feed them into the chamber.

jammersavage44 09-10-2013 06:00 AM

Nice score!!!!! full shots when she's put back together? (wow, felt like I just asked for a centerfold! lol)

reloader762 09-11-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaitsev44 (Post 1364368)
Attachment 117681
I thought this was odd. It reminds me of the magazine cutoff on the Lee Enfield No1 M3*. What is it though?

Interrupter. Good reference here: http://62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinDisassembly.htm

zaitsev44 10-13-2013 04:55 PM

I apologize for my absence. I'll get pictures up when I get home, I'm hoping to be able to go to the range this week since I'm off.

Mercator 10-13-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaitsev44 (Post 1400444)
I apologize for my absence. I'll get pictures up when I get home, I'm hoping to be able to go to the range this week since I'm off.

Just spotted your thread. Nice rifle. Which stamp indicates its involvement in the Spanish Civil War?

Garadex above was correct naming the part. The interrupter is a proprietary Mosin design. It separates the rimmed cartridge from the next one to prevent double feed, and then assists in ejecting the empty shellcase.

zaitsev44 10-13-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator
Just spotted your thread. Nice rifle. Which stamp indicates its involvement in the Spanish Civil War? Garadex above was correct naming the part. The interrupter is a proprietary Mosin design. It separates the rimmed cartridge from the next one to prevent double feed, and then assists in ejecting the empty shellcase.

I'll take a picture of the stamp as well as an overview when I get home. The rifle is really clean and screams history.

zaitsev44 10-13-2013 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the stamps:

Attachment 122331

Overall:

Attachment 122332



Attachment 122333

FullautoUSA 10-14-2013 12:52 AM

She's a beauty. Awesome score.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.