New toys!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > New toys!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default New toys!

I just picked up two new rifles yesterday, a Polish K98 (a WWI Polish Reparations gun from Germany, later given to Spain, by Poland, during their Civil War) and a 1942 U.S. Property No. 4 Mk. I Enfield (a Lend-Lease gun, that was later sold to South Africa). The K98 is for sale for $600 by the way Here's some pics:

img_1723.jpg   img_1724.jpg   img_1726.jpg   img_1728.jpg   img_1727.jpg  

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Nice sticks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Very nice.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #4

Thanks fellas, I'm happy with them. Traded my m1 Carbine for both of them and $200, hell of a deal for me I guess he really wanted a Carbine

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #5

Dr.: Well done. You must have had a very rare or mint condition Carbine.
Are the bores/rifling in good condition? The rifles look excellent. Nice history on your #4 and Polish.

I paid $300 for my good #4 at the Batesville, MS gun show in July (my first #4), but could have bought an equally-nice Savage for $200: the walk-in owner had forgotten how to remove the bolt for a decent bore inspection.

Let's count our blessings that most young visitors to gun shows don't even know what these rifles are, unless recognized from a movie or in a trendy computer/Box/Station game.
A visit to Bastogne Belgium last spring and second-hand/personal descriptions of unpublished skirmishes around the area (not just uphill from Foy) while standing in the E/F Company fox holes put tv films and books in a whole new light.

If you had recently visited such a battle area, a (first) Garand would be your next.

Last edited by Laufer; 12-07-2009 at 05:05 AM.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #6

nice looking lee!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #7

Very nice rifles.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
Dr.: Well done. You must have had a very rare or mint condition Carbine.
Are the bores/rifling in good condition? The rifles look excellent. Nice history on your #4 and Polish.

I paid $300 for my good #4 at the Batesville, MS gun show in July (my first #4), but could have bought an equally-nice Savage for $200: the walk-in owner had forgotten how to remove the bolt for a decent bore inspection.

Let's count our blessings that most young visitors to gun shows don't even know what these rifles are, unless recognized from a movie or in a trendy computer/Box/Station game.
A visit to Bastogne Belgium last spring and second-hand/personal descriptions of unpublished skirmishes around the area (not just uphill from Foy) while standing in the E/F Company fox holes put tv films and books in a whole new light.

If you had recently visited such a battle area, a (first) Garand would be your next.
I would love to go to Bastogne and see everything first hand, before my son was born we were planning a trip to follow the route of the allied invasion from Normandy to Berlin, but babies are expensive and time consuming so we had to cancel.

I already have a 1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand, I am in love with it.......no really, I am The Carbine was a Standard Products from '43 but it wasn't in the best of shape.

I fear that I might be one of those "young gun show visitors" you speak of, as I am only 29. I do know my stuff though, especially WWII firearms, and I do play the "Box" games-so don't rule us all out based on age!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #9

I think Laufer talking about the "young visitors" that wouldn't be interested in bolt action rifles.
A lot of folks don't want to be bothered with single shot rifles or restoring an aged warrior. Hand them a larger banana mag for their AK's and AR15's and they are happy. I always smile to myself when I see 20 somethings buying $1500 AR's while I'm happy looking through the $150 military surplus.
Different strokes for different folks!

Old 12-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
I always smile to myself when I see 20 somethings buying $1500 AR's while I'm happy looking through the $150 military surplus.
Different strokes for different folks!

Me too...

GCA Member and NRA Life Member