Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > New RC K98 Mauser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New RC K98 Mauser

Early Christmas present, I received a RC K98 off the BBT. It is a dot 1944 with all the markings (nothing peaned out). Rifle is in beautiful condition, typical Russian capture refurbished mix master. The barrel, receiver and furniture match, everything else is pieced together. The importers mark is dot-matrix and unobtrusive, the electro pencil is very lightly scribed, can barely see it. I picked up a 1944 sling to match, replaced the capture screws and front sight shroud. I also picked up a cleaning rod. I'm looking for a 1944 bayonet to go with it. I know this isn't a numbers matching Mauser, however it's in great condition and will be a great shooter. Pictures to follow.

2B1ASK1

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to the pics.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #3

2B1ASK1

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #4

Liked 663 Times on 454 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Cool! What kind of ammo are you shooting?

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It looks good. I especially like how the bolt has turned plum.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Looking good!! Hard to pass up an old Mauser.

Looking forward to a range report.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #7

I shot the Mauser today. I was using Romanian surplus from AIM. I put 40 rounds through it without any alibis. I was pleasantly surprised with the recoil, very manageable and actually slight as compared to the Mosin Nagant. I shot standing only at 70 yards using a paper plate target, put all rounds on the paper plate with the best groups around 2 inches. I am very impressed.

Happy New Year,

Matt

2B1ASK1

Old 12-29-2010, 01:39 AM   #8

Liked 663 Times on 454 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcso617 View Post
I shot the Mauser today. I was using Romanian surplus from AIM. I put 40 rounds through it without any alibis. I was pleasantly surprised with the recoil, very manageable and actually slight as compared to the Mosin Nagant. I shot standing only at 70 yards using a paper plate target, put all rounds on the paper plate with the best groups around 2 inches. I am very impressed.

Happy New Year,

Matt
Try some 196..198gr heavy ball. Recoil jumps way up.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:28 AM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcso617 View Post

Happy New Year,

Matt
The Rom is 150gr and shoots great. I have cases of it stacked to the ceiling. Get it while you can....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."