New Import Regulations may be coming
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > New Import Regulations may be coming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Import Regulations may be coming

I try to follow the news every day and have seen a couple of articles where it says the administration has a team working on new International Firearms Control legislation. I can not source these at present. My guess is that its probably true. My guess is that we might be looking at severe import restrictions on C&R and Mil Surplus Guns sometimes in the near future.

So, I plan on investing in a few more of the good buys before the supply dries up.

NRA Member

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2009, 04:51 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Actually, I heard the International Agreement is designed to gut the 2A by the US being signatory to the International agreement.

Is it 2012 yet?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:51 AM   #3

If you will ask this exact question on "SKSboards", "RKBA" or "Gun Rights" etc, you will find some knowledgeable responses among the results.

Where do Dems find the political capitol?
They are rightly concerned about mid-term elections.

Last edited by Laufer; 10-22-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #4

Likes Given: 2

Nothing new, if you will remember, it was for quite some time illegal to import ANY military surplus firearm. Good thing all the important firearms are drying up anyway, the mausers all all but gone and now the Mosin-Nagants are following suit, I think the last big lot is al the Swiss K-31's that are now floating about. They can keep their AK and CETME trash. Domestic FAL's are better than the imports so no loss there either. Now the 2nd amendment violation is another story, they can have the noose for that........

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-12-2009, 05:08 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYeager View Post
I try to follow the news every day and have seen a couple of articles where it says the administration has a team working on new International Firearms Control legislation. I can not source these at present. My guess is that its probably true...
You can remember the sources or you choose not to share them? Sources are VERY important on this topic, because there is so much spin and misinformation created by both sides of the 2A fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
...They can keep their AK and CETME trash...
Don't be that way. Just like in photography, there is a certain satisfaction in using both the expensive, precision cameras (or firearms in this case) and the cheap, stamped ones. I want to play and experiment with them all.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:48 AM   #6

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
Don't be that way. Just like in photography, there is a certain satisfaction in using both the expensive, precision cameras (or firearms in this case) and the cheap, stamped ones. I want to play and experiment with them all.
I know, I know...... I'm really just jealous because I don't have one of either........

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
I know, I know...... I'm really just jealous because I don't have one of either........

LOL.. same here