Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   New Import Regulations may be coming (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/new-import-regulations-may-coming-19333/)

OldYeager 10-22-2009 04:39 AM

New Import Regulations may be coming

I try to follow the news every day and have seen a couple of articles where it says the administration has a team working on new International Firearms Control legislation. I can not source these at present. My guess is that its probably true. My guess is that we might be looking at severe import restrictions on C&R and Mil Surplus Guns sometimes in the near future.

So, I plan on investing in a few more of the good buys before the supply dries up.

dunerunner 10-22-2009 04:51 AM

Actually, I heard the International Agreement is designed to gut the 2A by the US being signatory to the International agreement.

Is it 2012 yet?

Laufer 10-22-2009 04:51 AM

If you will ask this exact question on "SKSboards", "RKBA" or "Gun Rights" etc, you will find some knowledgeable responses among the results.

Where do Dems find the political capitol?
They are rightly concerned about mid-term elections.

DrGonzo11 10-31-2009 01:49 PM

Nothing new, if you will remember, it was for quite some time illegal to import ANY military surplus firearm. Good thing all the important firearms are drying up anyway, the mausers all all but gone and now the Mosin-Nagants are following suit, I think the last big lot is al the Swiss K-31's that are now floating about. They can keep their AK and CETME trash. Domestic FAL's are better than the imports so no loss there either. Now the 2nd amendment violation is another story, they can have the noose for that........:)

janikphoto 11-12-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldYeager (Post 176352)
I try to follow the news every day and have seen a couple of articles where it says the administration has a team working on new International Firearms Control legislation. I can not source these at present. My guess is that its probably true...

You can remember the sources or you choose not to share them? Sources are VERY important on this topic, because there is so much spin and misinformation created by both sides of the 2A fight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 (Post 180637)
...They can keep their AK and CETME trash...

Don't be that way. Just like in photography, there is a certain satisfaction in using both the expensive, precision cameras (or firearms in this case) and the cheap, stamped ones. I want to play and experiment with them all.

DrGonzo11 11-14-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janikphoto (Post 185143)
Don't be that way. Just like in photography, there is a certain satisfaction in using both the expensive, precision cameras (or firearms in this case) and the cheap, stamped ones. I want to play and experiment with them all.

:) I know, I know...... I'm really just jealous because I don't have one of either........

RCHanlin 11-19-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 (Post 185952)
:) I know, I know...... I'm really just jealous because I don't have one of either........

LOL.. same here :D