Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > new here and have a question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I think the fact that the hammer was locked back is very interesting, like the owner was shot before they could fire it. You might check with the local paper, maybe their archives would have any stories about somebody getting shot near the location you found it?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy View Post
Hi Oldman,

I think you may smile when you do see the pictures. Looks like it has spent most of its life under ground. Condition resembles a first world trenchfind.
However watched a program once were some sort of Xray was used to read markings on a rifle dumped in the sea 20 years previously. If you would like to take it this far Susan let me know and I will do some further research.

LOL I see what you mean. Not much to work off of. Interesting that it was found with the hammer back as already mentioned.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #13
cbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny357 View Post
I think the fact that the hammer was locked back is very interesting, like the owner was shot before they could fire it. You might check with the local paper, maybe their archives would have any stories about somebody getting shot near the location you found it?
i never thought about this... i wonder... if so, will they take my 'relic' from me?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbm View Post
i never thought about this... i wonder... if so, will they take my 'relic' from me?

Although there is no statute of limitations for murder, I'd venture to say you and your relic would be safe. Interesting to think that it may have been the demise of the owner that put the weapon under the bushes like that.

Newest Threads