Never, Ever.. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Never, Ever..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I will buy from J&G sales or something like that but if I sell one I do it through the gun dealer here so they get what they see and I got a paper trail showing I sold it and to whom.
I have his FFL03, as I need to. I also have the original receipt frm Trinity arms.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #12

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
jpattersonnh if I could help you I sure would but I am not even able to help myself right now
Thanks bud. The thought makes the difference. JP

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #13

Liked 56 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You could do a raffle type of thing right here on the forum. It goes after a predetermined number of chances are sold. Base the winner on a state lottery number or something verifiable and totaly random. I'll take at least $ 10.00 worth of chances on it. If I win I promise to give it a good home. You might be surprised how many chances you sell, you are a well liked member of the forum. Most of us know if you say it's a nice rifle, it's probably a gem. No matter what it is I would participate just to help your situation. Good luck JP.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #14

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

That is a good idea I might be able to go for 10 $'s in tickets

Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I'll buy $10 worth

Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 AM   #16

OK in a short time we are well on our way with 3 members. now we need an organizer. as long as its not Obammmma. Im in. We may be able to raise a very respectable amount on this Finn. All we have to do is get it going, Then do this through something like PayPal or personal checks. Where you can verify the validity of ability of participation and a trustworthy intermediary to handle the participation (like FTF). I'm ready, just do it. I'd like to see it net four digets. One hundred Mosin enthusiests is not out of the question on this forum and others. FTF might even throw in a subscription for the winner. Its for a cause!!! I'm on a limited income and you can count me in. The best part is if someone isn't happy with the gun you just return their amou nt of particioation and pull another winner. I don't know anyone that would bitch about a gun they won. If you get enough participation you could even offer to pay FFL fees.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 09-04-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'd be in, but I don't know if we can legally do a raffle. We don't want to break any laws when it comes to firearms.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8870 Times on 3842 Posts
Likes Given: 1384

FWIW- the rifle would need to be shipped TO a FFL holder in winner's state of residence. Raffling is legal, transferring across state line without FFL NOT legal.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL. When used for firearms, violates their terms, and they WILL freeze your account.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #19

There are FFLs every where, having to go through a dealer would be a given but shouldn't be a problem. Like I said in an earlier post, FFL fees could be part of the winnings.

Paul.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

If you do the raffle, put me in for $20. I have a C&R so JP could keep the FFL fees if I win.