Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Never, Ever..

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,923
Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Default Never, Ever..

Sell a rifle on line. I sold a matching 91/30 Finn capture 91/30 on line. The guy is sending it back. Why? Because the buttplate has a different serial number that was lined out and re-stamped by the Finns. Every other number matches. It is a perfect 1938 Double SA stamped. He is going to wait to be paid, that is for sure. It has a 3 digit serial number. It was sold as a Finn matching 91/30. There are broken stock, missmatched Finns selling for $200.00. I sold this one for $300.00. There had better not be a scratch on it. I even shipped it in a hard case. Never again. I could have declined, but he probobly would have Bubba'd it.
Talk about BS.

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Firearms4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Roanoke,Virginia
Posts: 1,757
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I personally never buy a firearm I don't intend on keeping for the rest of my life . For me each firearm I own or will own is like a part of me and has wonderful memories embedded with it. I'm a gun nut what can I say .

Also I buy firearms like I buy cigars; I want to see the product in person and evaluate it before I purchase it.

__________________

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Firearms4ever is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,923
Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I personally never buy a firearm I don't intend on keeping for the rest of my life . For me each firearm I own or will own is like a part of me and has wonderful memories embedded with it. I'm a gun nut what can I say .

Also I buy firearms like I buy cigars; I want to see the product in person and evaluate it before I purchase it.
I has unemployeed for over a year. I needed to raise $10,000.00. You may start to think different when your family/home is involved. I can't really afford the $300.00 yet, but just some more BS piles on.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unclebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bardstown,Kentucky
Posts: 1,101
Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default

I never buy a gun offline sometimes I buy ammo but thats it. If theres a gun I want that not at the gun shop they can usually order it from the company for a little extra.

__________________

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

unclebear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:00 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hiwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleator,AZ
Posts: 3,259
Liked 698 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Default

I'm a power seller on Ebay. No matter how well you describe things and picture things you have to realize that you will get some returned. That is just the way it is. Getting a return in no way means that you must have done something wrong. On guns or antiques or other used things sometimes you have to have it in your hands to look it over. I sell almost all gun stuff and have found that gun people are excellent to deal with. I know all about being unemployed.

__________________

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

hiwall is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,923
Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
I'm a power seller on Ebay. No matter how well you describe things and picture things you have to realize that you will get some returned. That is just the way it is. Getting a return in no way means that you must have done something wrong. On guns or antiques or other used things sometimes you have to have it in your hands to look it over. I sell almost all gun stuff and have found that gun people are excellent to deal with. I know all about being unemployed.
The Rifle was listed on two seperate forums. Both has a feedback on purchases. This guy contacted me on both. What he is looking for does not exist. A Finn Capture 91/30 is going to be Finn'ed. It is no longer a Soviet 91/30. W/ 1 lined out part it is an amazing rifle. It is the Butt plate. I have 0 returns on either site. 15 Minutes after he received the rifle, I received an E-mail he wanted to return it. Time, Money, the chance someone needs the correct part for theirs in switches them. Nope BS in My book. It better be 100% when it comes back.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bismarck,ND
Posts: 754
Liked 318 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

i've been selling on ebay since about 2001 & it seems no matter how good of quality the pictures are or how brutaly honest i am about the condition of an item, you will get the occaisonal jackass that, & i quote, "expected it to be in better condition." even when i flat out say condition is fair or rough on an item that has seen better days, & show pictures of & give descriptions of imperfections.

sounds to me like he maybe had buyers remorse & came up with a quick excuse on the fly

__________________
donthav1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,923
Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
i've been selling on ebay since about 2001 & it seems no matter how good of quality the pictures are or how brutaly honest i am about the condition of an item, you will get the occaisonal jackass that, & i quote, "expected it to be in better condition." even when i flat out say condition is fair or rough on an item that has seen better days, & show pictures of & give descriptions of imperfections.

sounds to me like he maybe had buyers remorse & came up with a quick excuse on the fly
I am with you on this. I think it was a young kid that really had no idea what it was.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

I will buy from J&G sales or something like that but if I sell one I do it through the gun dealer here so they get what they see and I got a paper trail showing I sold it and to whom.

__________________
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

jpattersonnh if I could help you I sure would but I am not even able to help myself right now

__________________
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads