Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   Need help with Fulton Special 12ga (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/need-help-fulton-special-12ga-19877/)

Cowgirlfromhell_o 11-08-2009 05:50 PM

Need help with Fulton Special 12ga

I bought my son a Fulton Special 12 Ga DBL serial number S 87263. Hunters Arm Co Inc. M'F'R'S' Fulton , NY USA. What is this gun worth and should I let my 13yr ols hunt with it or should I put it up.. Please Help I need some guidance .. I have went to the web site and studied about this gun. I understand the make and the years it was made.. I know it was sold in 1937 for $31.00.

suprdave 11-08-2009 07:31 PM

Pics? of the shotgun?

Dillinger 11-08-2009 07:31 PM

Can you post any pictures?

We have a few Curio & Relic experts around here. Let's see if we can't get them in here to provide some information.

JD

Cowgirlfromhell_o 11-08-2009 07:36 PM

pics.

I hate to be dumb but how do I post a picture ..

IGETEVEN 11-08-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirlfromhell_o (Post 183717)
I bought my son a Fulton Special 12 Ga DBL serial number S 87263. Hunters Arm Co Inc. M'F'R'S' Fulton , NY USA. What is this gun worth and should I let my 13yr ols hunt with it or should I put it up.. Please Help I need some guidance .. I have went to the web site and studied about this gun. I understand the make and the years it was made.. I know it was sold in 1937 for $31.00.

Well Donna, we do have a few experts here on the forum that may be able to help you out, but I am not one of them.

If you have any pictures, as mentioned, that are clear you can post, that would help a lot, along with any other information or descriptions.

I would highly recommend taking it to a gunsmith to have it examined and checked over to see if it is functionally sound for use, before you shoot it also.

Jack

canebrake 11-08-2009 07:39 PM

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

Dillinger 11-08-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirlfromhell_o (Post 183751)
I hate to be dumb but how do I post a picture ..

If you have them on your harddrive, hit reply to the thread.

Then, up on top of the controls of the post, you will see a paperclip, just like with e-mail. That will bring up the standard search for pictures and you can find and attach them.

They should resize, but if they don't for some reason, let me know and I will help you with it.

JD

Cowgirlfromhell_o 11-08-2009 07:39 PM

gun

We have been shooting it.. Hell I bouhgt it because someone was in a bind. I didn't realize until today that it was a antique. Thanks for all your help ..

WILDCATT 11-18-2009 12:51 AM

old gun

the south is full of old inexpensive guns.I costs more to fix than their worth.
and I am not being nasty as I have had a bunch growing up.any thing before the 1970s may end up with out repair parts.I am fixing three.

RCHanlin 11-21-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirlfromhell_o (Post 183717)

Your shogun was part of the L.C.Smith family of shotguns by Hunter Arms Co. Fulton NY. Essentially it was a more economical version in L.C.'s line of shotguns. Your shotgun sold new as you mentioned for around $35 which was the top grade for that particular model.

I looked at some auction sites and it looks as though folks are trying to get around 3 to $400 for your particular model. It's not considered an antique since it is not quite 100 yrs old yet and it should be safe to shoot but I'd still have it checked out by a reputable gunsmith.

I had a friend that inherited an Old Colt dbl and had taken it out and fired it "once" just to make sure it worked. He was not aware that his double was made with damascus steel barrels until after I told him. He will not be shooting it again with modern ammunition :)

Your double should be good to go but I'd still check it out before letting it go with the 13 yr olds...

Cheers:)