Need help with Arisaka Sight Screws
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Need help with Arisaka Sight Screws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Need help with Arisaka Sight Screws

Comrads,

*I have the left and right rear sight slide arm anti aircraft wings for a Japanese Arisaka Type 99 rifle's rear sight. I need the screw that attaches the wing to the sight. Does anyone know who might have a couple of these screws that would work? I know this is a very small action but these screws have special treads and without them I'm stopped from mounting the replacement anti aircraft wings to the sight. I've tried numrich and jack first...no luck. Even the local hardware store can't find something that works... Any help you be really appreciated.

Best Regards,

RealCav06

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #2

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

I think ive seen some on ebay......

You could try this forum, go to the "Firearms of the rising sun" area and ask there.. Ive gotten a couple of parts there, the people seem nice...
http://forums.gunboards.com/forum.php

Last edited by Trez; 12-10-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Trez, Thanks for the lead. I was able to find and purchase two screws. Now the "quest" moves on to find two springs that keep these wings locked into position.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #4

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCav06 View Post
Trez, Thanks for the lead. I was able to find and purchase two screws. Now the "quest" moves on to find two springs that keep these wings locked into position.
My best suggestion would be to try that forum I listed...