Need an ASSIST - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Need an ASSIST

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Need an assist?

Mike B

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

Hey, No problem at all on the assist, thats what we here on the site are here for, right? I'd want you to help me, if I had one that stumped me, as well? OH OH, If you did try to set a 7.62X39 round in the chamber and it did not pick it up, or extract it, I'm betting yours is in the 7.62X45 caliber? Not to worry yet, I'd try (Carefully and outside or at a range, pointed in a safe direction), to feed one if it will fit from the magazine? Will it fit from the top, into the mag? Does the bolt close all the way? I'm thinking you said it did not? All signs of wrong caliber and or some serious bolt Problems! Take your time, be carefull, and even if ya find it is in the old caliber, it is collectable, or as you said, Looks great on the wall?

Old 07-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #12

Hi, Ron.
I have found a source for the ammo, and am inquiring about getting 100 rounds (their smallest lot) to see if it feeds/fits. If there is a difference in the thickness of the base of the cartridge between the 7.62x45 vs. the 7.62x39, that may explain the feeding issue - as I had indicated in my original thread, as the round chambers, the top part of the bolt clamps down on the base of the round, so I imagine that the rim dimensions are fairly critical. Should it prove out that the 7.62 x 45 actually works, I really would like to fire this weapon. Many of the articles I have come across give it very high praises, and I'm just the kind of guy who PREFERS shooters to viewers. That being said, I also like to stay in good health.

What really surprises me about the weapon is the condition of the bore - the rifling is still amazingly square-shoudered! From the condition of the bolt face, I would guess it had been fired very little. I have done considerable research on it via the 'net, and have located many of them selling between 350 and 450 bucks. Some were apparently camo-coated, some were over-coated in a black substance that resembles the "Rhino Lining" that is sprayed onto the beds of pickup trucks. Whatever the coating - or lack thereof - it seems that the value remains within that range.

I will be more than pleased to assist you in any way that I am able. I don't know everything, but I do know a few things, and am a fervent researcher.

Again, thanks for all of your help.

Mike b

Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Need an assist?

Mike

RON L here = SERESURLUS

Glad to hear all is well with your on going deal! These were plentifull years back, as I had said Navy Arms imported a ton of them, But where in the devil did you find a source for amo in that caliber now? I mean, I'm impressed it's tought to find in any quantity? I hope it works out for ya, I really hope it's really in 7.62X39, with some minor bolt issues, but the way life is, it will be in the hader to find caliber? Sems to work out that way! Let us know at any rate and keep in touch! Old guns are fun, new guns are gun, HELL, MOST GUNS ARE FUN! THere, I said it? LOL Happy 4TH to you and all in the group!