Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Need an ASSIST

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need an ASSIST

Hi - newbie here, but not new to C&R's. However, I ran into one that I can't figure out. It seems to be a 7.62x39 weapon, with a detachable box magazine, and a bolt carrier much like an SKS, but it aint no SKS! There is no gas port/operating rod on top of the barrel - rather it seems to be blowback operated, using a piston & operating system that seems only to dislodge the fired casing anough for the blowback to take over. This system actually wraps around the barrel. The bolt itself appears to work by pushing the round nearly into the chamber, then "clamping down" on the round via a jaw-like plate on the top of the bolt, operated by a fairly lightweight U-shaped spring.

Takedown is similar to an SKS, but there is no latch to turn and release - one simply pushes the upper bolt housing all the way forward and lifts up, releasing the recoil spring. The upper forearm cover is held in place by a pair of spring-loaded catches on either side of the weapon, just ahead of the front sight.

The front sight is NOT hooded, and the rear sight elevator graduates up to 900 meters.

The ONLY markings on it are : she
007 56
Serial Number starts G68, and has 4 more numbers after the 8

Anybody know what the hell this thing is ???

UPDATE - 06/29/2007 : 4 Pictures appear following

Last edited by mikeb82301; 06-29-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Added Photos

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Need an assist?

Mike, RON L here = SERESURPLUS

Thier are a few rifles I think it could be,. Like the Egyptian Rasid, can you post a PIC? That sure would help and I'm sure we cpould get ya set on what it is!

Old 06-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #3

Name:  IMG_1568.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1575.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  23.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1576.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1578.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  16.5 KBRon -

Thanks for the offer of your knowledge. I'm attaching 4 images - hope that they are useful

Old 06-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Need An Assist

HELLO

RON L Here = SERESURPLUS

I now see the pic, I knowm what you have!

What you have is a CZ-52 Rifle, it was chambered in a crazy caliber like 7.62X45 or so, some were converted to use 7.62X39, I've handled one in the old caliber at a show, never fired one! I heard from those that have owned themn, that they (Like most Check weapons) are well made and shoot well!

Sorry it took me a while to respond, I was busy with life and all that other silly stuff!

Ask anything ya like, we will do what we can to help!

OH and in 85% condition, as the one for sale was, he was asking $250.00, at a show a year ago!

RON L

Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep Ron is on the money, if it shoots the 7.62x45 it is a 52. However if it was rechambered or originally chambered in the far more popular and available 7.62x39 it would have been re-designated as a CZ 52/57.

Edit: I think some may have been converted to .308 as well, maybe someone can verify?

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Last edited by BLS33; 06-30-2007 at 12:57 AM.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Need an assist!

Bls33/ALL

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

Thanks on the Assist, as well! I did remeber that the caliber was that funny one, but thanks on the Designation of the 7.62X39 re-chambered model! That I didn't recal! In the end, he needs to Look with a 7.62X39 shell (As It's more common) and see if that fits the magazine and chamber, or ask a "smith" to do a chamber cast, so he can determine the correct caliber?

That way, he can decide if he has a shooter in 7.62X39 or a hall hanger, as I'm sure that older ammo is tough to get? I've never seen it for sale, other than short notes with the sales of them Navy arms did 12 years ago?

RON L

Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah the 7.62x45 was a weird choice to go with for the original chambering, I haven't seen any of that for sale either.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 06-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Thanks on the assist?

BLS33

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

Yea, you got that right, it ws a crazy caliber, I know navy Arms imported tons of these carbines, as well as some limited ammo, but once Navy Arms stopped importing them, so went the ammunition, I hope his is in 7.62X39. It felt like and handled like it was a well made little item and in a common caliber it was probably a good shooter? All I got to do was handle one, never fire it? A dealer at a loal show had some time back, in a rack, in the back? No, not trying to rhyme, just came out that way? LOL

RON L

Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #9

Ron-
Thanks so much for the reply and the ID - I s'pose my next step will be (Like you said) to hang it or bang it - once I figure out what ammo it actually eats.
I've been able to drop a 7.62 x 39 FULLY into the chamber - in fact, I had to push it back out with a claening rod, since the bolt could not grab it.

Mike b

Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #10

BLS -

A thanks to you as well for your contribution to resolving my dilemma. I sincerely appreciate the effort.

Mike b