Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   My new old gun...got info??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/my-new-old-gun-got-info-72252/)

Nfernaays 09-11-2012 05:46 PM

My new old gun...got info???
 
7 Attachment(s)
Picked up this Krag sporter last weekend. Looks like the work was done by RF Sedgley. The info i have found on him looks like did most of his work on 03's but did work on Krags. Its got an interesting front sight and a Redfield peep sight on the back. Anyone seen one like this before? Info on Sedgley Krags? Was scope mount post Sedgley work on rifle? What u guys think?

orangello 09-11-2012 05:56 PM

I don't know the pedigree of the sporterizer, but that is a beautiful rifle.

GLKmiester 09-11-2012 06:08 PM

I bought a krag a few years ago that looked very similar to this one. It also had the redfield sights. I took it to a reputable gun shop and they told me it was worthless because of the stock being cut up. I took the same gun to gander mountain and they paid $500 for it.

I paid $200 for mine. The only reason I sold it was because ammo cost around $30-$40 for a box of 20.

TDS92A 09-11-2012 08:03 PM

Anyone that would "sporterize" and antique rifle should be hung from a street lamp by their thumbs!!:mad:

I mean, why would anyone willingly chop up a piece of history? Now if you build a "sporterized" version from parts, that is different.:)

fmj 09-11-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDS92A (Post 937020)
Anyone that would "sporterize" and antique rifle should be hung from a street lamp by their thumbs!!:mad:

I mean, why would anyone willingly chop up a piece of history? Now if you build a "sporterized" version from parts, that is different.:)

"Thumbs" you say!?!? I would say "happy parts"!!

Those idiots on American guns did this a couple weeks ago. Dumbass brought in his gramppas Krag to be desecrated.

Sickening!

TDS92A 09-11-2012 08:14 PM

I watched in horror as they did it!! Finished the show in the fetal position whimpering.:eek:


Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 937033)
"Thumbs" you say!?!? I would say "happy parts"!!

Those idiots on American guns did this a couple weeks ago. Dumbass brought in his gramppas Krag to be desecrated.

Sickening!


Nfernaays 09-11-2012 08:20 PM

I do appreciate a vintage untouched original rifle but this was at a killer price and in better shape than any krag ive seen before. And from what heard sedgley was one of the best at sporting guns

fmj 09-11-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDS92A (Post 937041)
I watched in horror as they did it!! Finished the show in the fetal position whimpering.:eek:


That makes two of us.

I also see on Pawn Stars idiots coming in and selling heirloom guns that had been handed down for generations....I could just IMAGINE the "visit" i would receive from the graves of my forefathers if i EVER EVEN THOUGHT about selling the guns i am the caretaker of...

fmj 09-11-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nfernaays (Post 937049)
I do appreciate a vintage untouched original rifle but this was at a killer price and in better shape than any krag ive seen before. And from what heard sedgley was one of the best at sporting guns

OH i understand you didnt do or initiate the desecration but bought it that way instead...we're just talking "side bar".

TDS92A 09-11-2012 08:29 PM

I watched an episode last night where guy came in with a mid 1700's Double Barreled Coach gun that was passed down to him from his Great-Great Grand Father or something in that line. Was told that it would fetch about $20,000 at auction and let it go for $4,000.00 in a swap for a Les Paul guitar of the same value only because his wife TOLD him to get rid of it.:eek:


Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 937053)
That makes two of us.

I also see on Pawn Stars idiots coming in and selling heirloom guns that had been handed down for generations....I could just IMAGINE the "visit" i would receive from the graves of my forefathers if i EVER EVEN THOUGHT about selling the guns i am the caretaker of...



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.