My Mossberg addiction. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > My Mossberg addiction.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yah they are. I have never seen one.

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper

Old 12-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2157 Times on 1323 Posts
Likes Given: 12077

OK. I have to start this post with a question. Does anyone on here know how to remove drool from a keyboard?

Nice collection C3. Some beautiful examples of well made, yet inexpensive, rifles in those pictures.

Dr. M, just remember, scratches add character, and each one has a story to tell. My grandfather (dad's dad) bought a Remington 870 in the late 60s from the Western Auto in Westfield NY after talking the clerk into knocking $20 off the price due to a small scratch on the right side of the butt stock. He gave it to a friend's son while my dad was in the Corps as a thank you for helping out on the family from sewing to harvest. This deer season I went hunting with the current owner, the son's son, and he was carrying that old 870 with him while we were afield. i asked if it was the one I thought it was, and he handed it to me and pointed out that little scratch, along with a few that came from his dad using it. He said it will never be refinished. To him it is a reminder of the shotgun's history in both our families.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.
Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 12-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #13

Liked 185 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
So, finally picked up the 146B-A

Cleaned up real nice. It was dirty dirty dirty when I got it.

The only flaws I found, inside and out, are these scratches by the front sight hood

And this side of the stock is a lil scratched up.

The trigger on this one is AWESOME
Yep thats a similar model to the obe i grew up shooting, except the bolt handle is different and it doesnt have the dust covet on the bolt, but same sights, same everything almost except the bolt handle.

I love the old mossbergs, accurate and made of wood and steel.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 12-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #14

Thanks guys.

I finally got out to shoot them and man they shoot well. They shoot better than I do, thats for sure!

Had all 5 holes touching (looked like 3 holes) at 25 yards with the 44US, pretty dang close with the 146. At 50 yards it was about 1/2" group. Gotta try some different ammo and get used to using peep sights, which I had never used before.

Old 12-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #15

Liked 92 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I'm another old Mossberg lover and have several. You just can't beat the old Mossy .22s. Just recently re-finished the stock on my Mod. 46M(b) and it's a beauty. It's also the rifle that my dad taught me to shoot with when I was around 5 years old. It still puts every round within a dime at 25 yards.

Jim.........

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 12-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #16

Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts

You guys are having all the luck,,,,,love my 146B. Shoots all that it is feed, and does it very very. Only having one problem,,,,,,,,still trying to find the right inner tube magazine. Been looking for over a year.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10392 Times on 4485 Posts
Likes Given: 1650

BVAL, have you checked with Cheryl Havlin?

Old 12-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #18

C3Shooter,

Looked on their website the other night, but did not see or find anything. Sent them an e-mail request to get ahold of me if they have one.
Many thanks C3 for showing an interest in my search.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
I'm another old Mossberg lover and have several. You just can't beat the old Mossy .22s. Just recently re-finished the stock on my Mod. 46M(b) and it's a beauty. It's also the rifle that my dad taught me to shoot with when I was around 5 years old. It still puts every round within a dime at 25 yards.

Jim.........
Awesome. I wish i had some history with one like that. I don't have any family guns. In fact, I'm probably going to end up buying my father HIS first gun, haha.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
BVAL, have you checked with Cheryl Havlin?
1-2-14 Havlin just got back with me, they don't have the tube magazine. She said for me to keep looking on eBay and gun broker at least once a week, that maybe I would get lucky. Boy would I like to shoot some 22 shorts out of this rifle other than doing it as a single shot. C3, if ya heard anything out there about this part, how about a shout back at me, with many thanks given now for the help. And Happy New Year to you!