Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   My Little Old .25 Pistol (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/my-little-old-25-pistol-49616/)

priell3 10-10-2011 08:27 PM

My Little Old .25 Pistol
 
This was a "hand me down". I had it put away for several years and finally got around to shooting it a few months ago, probably for the first time since at least WW II. Shoots fairly well though it has some trouble feeding rounds. More polishing should help that.

http://i56.tinypic.com/1ewemt.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/11171aa.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/313gf47.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2j4d9ur.jpg

orangello 10-10-2011 08:40 PM

Cool old pistol!
(you may need to move the target to the left) ;)

Dino1 10-11-2011 12:45 AM

Looks strikingly similar to my 1908 Colt Vest Pocket. :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...anno/Colt2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...o/DSC04712.jpg

trip286 10-17-2011 02:52 AM

Edit by mod- Quoted SPAM removed. Trip- toss a quarter in the wishing well. C3
I almost hope you get banned.

KABAR2 10-18-2011 07:17 PM

Spain had an interesting patent law on the books in the early 1900's you could get a patent for 2 or 3 years if you built a factory and manufactured the item in spain your patent was sound, if you did not build the factory and manufacture in spain anyone could use your design and build guns like yours... that is why we see so many copies of Colt / Smith&Wesson revolvers C96 mauser browning automatics.... after the 2 or 3 years were up it was anyones game....

nice little 25 auto, you are jerking the trigger though... low and to the left.....

neilage66 10-18-2011 08:09 PM

Neat. Is there a backstory?

Is it keyholing? The target makes it look that way.


Mace In Spain...ouch! ;)

http://the-elizabethan-era.wikispace...51565/mace.jpg

trip286 10-18-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 603195)
Edit by mod- Quoted SPAM removed. Trip- toss a quarter in the wishing well. C3
I almost hope you get banned.

My mistake on that, wont happen again.

Dino1 10-19-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KABAR2 (Post 604451)

nice little 25 auto, you are jerking the trigger though... low and to the left.....

At first, I thought that may be due to having a grip safety on such a little pistol, but now I see the spanish version doesn't have one.

Gun_Shy 02-28-2012 11:54 PM

"Danton" was a name used by Spanish gunmakers "Garate, Anitua y Cia" (GN)and "Gabilando y Cia / Gabilando y Uresti" (GU; better known several name changes later as "Llama") back in the 1920s, up to about 1930. The "Made in Spain" stamp dates it to 1923 or later. They made these in both vestpocket pistol .25 and larger .32 versions. You may find manufacturer initials on the pistol (the barrel, butt, and left or right tang are common spots) that will show who actually made this.

There may be proof marks on the pistol that will date it more closely -- Spanish/Eibar pistols began using a manufacturing year code stamp in 1927 (although it was not universally used for several years).

The "GC" monogram on the grips suggest this is from "Gabilando y Cia" but grips are too easily changed to be reliable, especially with these Eibar vestpocket pistols.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by priell3 (Post 598333)
This was a "hand me down". I had it put away for several years and finally got around to shooting it a few months ago, probably for the first time since at least WW II. Shoots fairly well though it has some trouble feeding rounds. More polishing should help that.

http://i56.tinypic.com/1ewemt.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/11171aa.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/313gf47.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2j4d9ur.jpg



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.