Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > My father may be going a bit crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default My father may be going a bit crazy

In one month he bought two rifles, which for our family is a lot, and over a thousand rounds for 5 different guns. None of the stuff he bought would get banned in the near future. I'm not sure if he is crazy or going through a midlife crisis. On a side note we are going to get another mosin and a VZ24. I guess I can't complain.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #2

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I are you familier with "Crazy Like a Fox'??

Old 01-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #3

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 44

At one time, Ben Franklin, Henry Ford, and Bill Gates were considered a bit off center. I would just call your Dad's recent ventures a wise investment, maybe even try to get a piece of the action.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I would not cut anything off of the ban list. I have been recommending ammo and reloading supplies to everyone. Ammo will likely be the first thing that becomes a problem.

I don't need No stinking signature.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #5

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Yes, I think buying bullet molds WW metal and Bulk powder and primers is wise. If you don't know how to reload learn. Buy some reloading tools.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #6

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
In one month he bought two rifles, which for our family is a lot, and over a thousand rounds for 5 different guns. None of the stuff he bought would get banned in the near future. I'm not sure if he is crazy or going through a midlife crisis. On a side note we are going to get another mosin and a VZ24. I guess I can't complain.
is he exhibiting any other form of odd behaviors? have you spoken to him about your concerns?

communication is key

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #7

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
is he exhibiting any other form of odd behaviors? have you spoken to him about your concerns?

communication is key
Keep your guard up when you tell him he's nuts. A quick backhand will most definatly follow.

BTW, 1000 rounds per caliber would be a low in my house. I must be certifiable, I have 2 safes full + 3 double travel cases and numerous bolts on the shelves of my safes for those that there is no room for. As of now, I'd have to shoot 1 round for the next 22+ years daily and then start reloading. That reloaded ammo would take another 10 years at the same 1 round per day to use up. I'm not counting rimfires or handguns here. I'd buy your Dad a beer!
He sounds like a smart man that knows history. Hitler had gun control by executive order and we know what happened there. That is what Joe Biden is saying will happen here. I'm a Patriot. Not while I have a breathe in my body.

Here is a letter from Thomas Jefferson that sums it up.

"I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: and very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a Chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: and what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent and persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, and what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? And can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion.[1] The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted." - Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787[2]

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 01-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Could be having lived through the previous decades that carved out a paternal character your father sees something arising that many of us do not?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #9

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex
I think your father is going a little bit brilliant.

-Matt

People Like This 
Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #10

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

As I said I can't complain and I would get a piece of the action if I had a job. He definitely will not be buying anything else though my mom, his wife, is not to happy although we explained it to her she doesnt care that we have guns she just doesnt want to spend anymore money on the "boys" hobby.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.