Must See WWII Trench Art VIDEO
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Must See WWII Trench Art VIDEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Must See WWII Trench Art VIDEO

Featuring some awesome pieces of spent ordinance...

I thought you might like taking a look at it:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Very cool. What did that set you back? Nice Chinese made hat in the background. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #3

Liked 395 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 6

my grandpa still has some trench art that my great grandpa made during WWII. both of them were in the marines in the pacific, but grandpa only being 18, he was on the front line. great grandpa re-enlisted & was a paper pusher seein how he was in his 40's by then, so he had the time to do stuff like that.

the pieces that i've seen that he made were a butter knife & spoon out of a couple 30-06 shells, one complete one for the handle & one shell hammered flat for the knife or spoon part. he also has an ashtray similar to the one in the background of your vid, only it had 3 half shells brazed on for cigarette holders, & a beautiful P-38 Lightning scale model made out of rifle shells & using what i think was a .50 round as a stand

i'd asked my grandpa about them a few years ago & he told me that his dad made a bunch of that stuff when he could & sold it to whoever would buy it, then usually sent the extra money home to his wife....who i'm sure could've used it since her husband & 2 out of her 3 kids were on the other side of the world.

there must've been so many people making these things, because on ebay i've seen pieces similar to the ones my grandpa owns and no 2 of any design are the same, plus they come from all over the world. makes a guy wonder if they had patterns for these things in Stars & Stripes or something

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Last edited by donthav1; 06-10-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Don, thanks for sharing this, would you be able to post some pics?

Old 06-12-2012, 02:21 AM   #5

Liked 395 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 6

next time i'm at his house i'll hafta try to remember the camera.

this link is to a similar P-38: http://www.ebay.com/itm/pair-of-ww2-trench-art-planes-made-by-Marine-Sgt-with-photo-and-diary-provided-/320923290409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab884 cb29

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch