Mounting a red dot scope on my Mosin Nagant. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Mounting a red dot scope on my Mosin Nagant.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1793 Times on 999 Posts
Likes Given: 1175

I have not done anything that can not be undone. I also have a Russian SKS with a Tapco stock and all the accessories. But I still have all the original stuff to go back on if I ever wanted to.

It is also important to remember that the Mosin Nagant can be purchased for under $100. If someone wanted to do some home gunsmithing just to "get their feet wet" I would think this would be an ideal gun to play with.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Here's how I did mine, but you would'nt want to do this to yours. Mine was not as pretty and would never be worth anything .

Last edited by sarg1c; 08-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have not done anything that can not be undone. I also have a Russian SKS with a Tapco stock and all the accessories. But I still have all the original stuff to go back on if I ever wanted to.

It is also important to remember that the Mosin Nagant can be purchased for under $100. If someone wanted to do some home gunsmithing just to "get their feet wet" I would think this would be an ideal gun to play with.
I agree Rick, I bought one just to play with. Not worth anything, never will be. Look at my post on down the page...

Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
I never have done or will do an irreversible mod to a piece of history, although I will do mods that can be reverted back. I think that people do it to make it theirs instead of like all the other millions of them.
well I gave $70.00 just to play with. Had I wanted to collect or keep, I would not had done what I did. BUT I have enjoyed playing and when I get done I'll have a million dollars worth of fun....

Old 08-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #15

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg1c
Here's how I did mine, but you would'nt want to do this to yours. Mine was not as pretty and would never be worth anything .
Is the scope mounted on the bolt?

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1132 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 657

Quote:
How is there enough space for the bolt? Scope Looks to far back.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
How is there enough space for the bolt? Scope Looks to far back.
First: Gardex the scope is not on the bolt. The scope swings to the left like they used to do with tope eject rifles or to use the sights if needed. This is mostly shot from bench, so no hurry.

Now jjfuller1, the bolt handle has plenty of room.I could take a better pic afterwhile. Believe me, had the rifle been worth something, I would have kept it as is.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #18

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:

First: Gardex the scope is not on the bolt. The scope swings to the left like they used to do with tope eject rifles or to use the sights if needed. This is mostly shot from bench, so no hurry.

Now jjfuller1, the bolt handle has plenty of room.I could take a better pic afterwhile. Believe me, had the rifle been worth something, I would have kept it as is.
Thanks for that. It looks pretty sweet by the way.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #19

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I put a scope on mine (eyes don't do open sites very well anymore). It worked out well because my youngest is a "purist" and the Mosin I got him was missing the front sight but other wise in great shape. Knocked the sight off mine, put on his and two happy Mosin owners. I wouldn't hesitate to take a shot at a whitetail out to 250 yards. Best $69 I ever spent.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 19

As one gets older his eyes are not as sharp as before. At my age I need all the help I can get just to see the target. Optics seem to be the only way for me. I have an assorted collection of mil-surps (15) all in original condition but am considering optics on some of them for tired, old eyes. If you can't see it, you can't hit it!