Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   mosins drying up? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/mosins-drying-up-89673/)

surplusaddict 04-27-2013 04:16 PM

mosins drying up?

I remember a long time ago i hit all my local fleet farms and within a few years i have 6 mosins, a prewar hex, a tula made, and izzy rifles, 38 carbine, m44, and 91/59 short rifle. I paid $99 for all except the 91/59 was $129. Now when i go to gun shows all i see are leftovers. I wish i would have bought them by the crate. I definately love shooting my mosins. Does anyone any cool stories they'd like to share about there favorite mosin?

surplusaddict 04-27-2013 10:23 PM

Apparently this must be a dull subject. Any pics?

Chainfire 04-27-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surplusaddict (Post 1228968)
I remember a long time ago i hit all my local fleet farms and within a few years i have 6 mosins, a prewar hex, a tula made, and izzy rifles, 38 carbine, m44, and 91/59 short rifle. I paid $99 for all except the 91/59 was $129. Now when i go to gun shows all i see are leftovers. I wish i would have bought them by the crate. I definately love shooting my mosins. Does anyone any cool stories they'd like to share about there favorite mosin?

I have been collecting these rifles for about 5 years and have "several". Yes, the commercial stocks seem to be dwindling, and the prices have skyrocketed. The money I have spent on these rifles would triple today if I were in a selling mood. I don't think that this is the end of the imports, but the end of the beginning.

The world supply of importable military surplus rifles is drying up. WWII was the last war where bolt action rifles were dominant. Since then, semi-autos and full autos have become all the rage. I don't see the government condoning the collection of unmodified weapons of this types, unless you are wealthy.

The day of the $89.00 hex receiver Mosin-Nagant has passed.

vincent 04-27-2013 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 1229330)
I have been collecting these rifles for about 5 years and have "several". Yes, the commercial stocks seem to be dwindling, and the prices have skyrocketed. The money I have spent on these rifles would triple today if I were in a selling mood. I don't think that this is the end of the imports, but the end of the beginning.

The world supply of importable military surplus rifles is drying up. WWII was the last war where bolt action rifles were dominant. Since then, semi-autos and full autos have become all the rage. I don't see the government condoning the collection of unmodified weapons of this types, unless you are wealthy.

The day of the $89.00 hex receiver Mosin-Nagant has passed.

"Several"...heh heh...I'd like to see how many you call "a lot"...;)

Not sure about the supply drying up, one of my LGS's always has several in stock...(the real several, not Chain's definition...:D)

I think with the current panic buying, people are snagging anything they can get their hands on. Supply and demand will always dictate price.

Pics??? Okay...;)

Edit- Stole the pic from someone here on FTF, can't remember who posted it first...:o

Chainfire 04-27-2013 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some that won't fit in the safe.

zaitsev44 04-28-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire
Here are some that won't fit in the safe.

I think my eyes just exploded....... Goodness I'm envious of whoever owns that warehouse!

towboater 04-28-2013 01:48 AM

That's a bunch!!!!

Chainfire 04-28-2013 10:05 PM

That is actually a private collection......One of the world's largest.

Ain't mine, but it is private. When I lifted the photo off of the web, I couldn't get the detail of the original. There is one hell of a lot of rifles in that room.

sputnik1988 04-28-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 1230370)
That is actually a private collection......One of the world's largest.

Ain't mine, but it is private. When I lifted the photo off of the web, I couldn't get the detail of the original. There is one hell of a lot of rifles in that room.

I'd actually feel bad if my collection was that large, i dare say... too many:eek:

What good is a rifle if it can't be fondled every now and then, it would be a 24 hour job:p

clr8ter 04-28-2013 10:13 PM

Jeez....God knows I like guns, but there must be 500+ in that room. What would you really do with that many guns? Seriously? I'd (assuming I had the money), rather collect just a few examples of a specific type or brand or something, and only collect primo ones.....but that's just me...

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that, uhhhhh, gun that girl has.....;)