Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Mosinitis Anonomys

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zaitsev44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,017
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc29th

You were wrong, already sold out... damn it.
Wow didn't take long at all!
__________________

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Sir Winston Churchill
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. - General George S. Patton Sr.

zaitsev44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #192
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 31
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

I admit I have this addiction! Picked up my first Mosin (1954 sporterized) last December not knowing what it was. After doing some research and shooting it, I just had to get another one with the original wood. As of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a 1937 Tula Arsenal 91/30. All numbers matching and in excellent condition! Already working on my wife to get me an original sniper for Christmas (and thinking it's working!

img_20130417_143129.jpg   img_20130417_132439.jpg  
__________________

Last edited by jammersavage44; 04-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.
jammersavage44 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #193
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
marc29th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 667
Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammersavage44 View Post
I admit I have this addiction! Picked up my first Mosin (1954 sporterized) last December not knowing what it was. After doing some research and shooting it, I just had to get another one with the original wood. As of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a 1937 Tula Arsenal 91/30. All numbers matching and in excellent condition! Already working on my wife to get me an original sniper for Christmas (and thinking it's working!
Welcome to the club! don't for get the M44 carbine :-)
__________________
marc29th is offline  
jammersavage44 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #194
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 31
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc29th View Post
Welcome to the club! don't for get the M44 carbine :-)
Will take some of those today....bought it already sporterized but thinking of getting parts from Liberty Tree and putting her back into her original shape..looks so much better that way I think!
__________________
jammersavage44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #195
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zaitsev44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,017
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammersavage44

Will take some of those today....bought it already sporterized but thinking of getting parts from Liberty Tree and putting her back into her original shape..looks so much better that way I think!
Welcome! Milsurp online has a lot of parts too. They're in Largo, FL
__________________

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Sir Winston Churchill
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. - General George S. Patton Sr.

zaitsev44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #196
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zaitsev44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,017
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Just ran across this Enfield on Armslist. Thinking about trading my M1917 sporter for it if he wants.

image-2955444340.jpg

Hat do y'all think? I've been wanting a SMLE to go with my No4 Mk1.

__________________

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Sir Winston Churchill
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. - General George S. Patton Sr.

zaitsev44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #197
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zaitsev44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,017
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

What mark is this one? Is a mk3 or something else? I don't know much about non-No4 Enfields. Thanks

__________________

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Sir Winston Churchill
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. - General George S. Patton Sr.

zaitsev44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #198
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,622
Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaitsev44 View Post
Just ran across this Enfield on Armslist. Thinking about trading my M1917 sporter for it if he wants.

Attachment 97264

Hat do y'all think? I've been wanting a SMLE to go with my No4 Mk1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaitsev44 View Post
What mark is this one? Is a mk3 or something else? I don't know much about non-No4 Enfields. Thanks
It looks like a No.1 Mk.III*
I would say its a fair trade.. depending how much you like your '17
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #199
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zaitsev44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,017
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

It looks like a No.1 Mk.III*
I would say its a fair trade.. depending how much you like your '17
I like it, I got in a package deal with my No4 Mk1. It's been sporterized into a great hunting platform and good accuracy. What's the differance between a MkIII and a MkIII*?
__________________

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Sir Winston Churchill
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. - General George S. Patton Sr.

zaitsev44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #200
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zaitsev44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,017
Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaitsev44
I like it, I got in a package deal with my No4 Mk1. It's been sporterized into a great hunting platform and good accuracy. What's the differance between a MkIII and a MkIII*?
But I have plenty of hunting rifles. This one just sits in a case. It doesn't hold very much historical value anymore.
__________________

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Sir Winston Churchill
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. - General George S. Patton Sr.

zaitsev44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes