Mosin Sniper - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Mosin Sniper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

if you dont have any real markings only good way is to pull a bullet and weigh it.

just ordered this cool little spring for taking the wiggle out of the mosin trigger.

Mosin Nagant Trigger Return Spring UPGRADE - FREE SHIPPING - $7.99 : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

installation was a little tricky had it fly across the room resulting in a 15 minute floor hunt with a flash light. eventually figured out pulling the trigger portion of the spring to the rear a bit let the pin slide all the way in.

works as advertised kinda feels like what the russians would have designed a two stage ww2 trigger to be.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #32

Default I like that!

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #33

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Have you shot it with the spring yet? Is there a noticable difference? I thought the trigger was pretty good for a mil-surp as is.......

Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Have you shot it with the spring yet? Is there a noticable difference? I thought the trigger was pretty good for a mil-surp as is.......
the spring doesnt improve the pull or add any weight to the pull. just takes the sloppy rattle out of the trigger which was kinda annoying. the sniper trigger is already pretty damn good for a hastily made shootin stick. its noticably crisper than my other ishvek mosin.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #35

Wow! I never really noticed the "play" in the trigger when cocked.... I think im gonna have to get one of those springs.
Thanks jon for the find!!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #36

Default Impressed by my Mosin

I took my Mosin sniper to the range today and was surprised by the Mosin. I was hitting the steel silhouettes at 300 and 400 meters pretty good, But having trouble hitting them at 200 and 500 meters. I was shooting with some competition shooters and they were a little impressed with my shooting. In all honesty I wasnt really keeping up with them, but they were shooting $1,000-$2,000 rifles with awesome scopes and ammo for different ranges (I guess I found out what real gun people are)... They said I was doing pretty good for having a 2.5x scope on a 70 yr old battle rifle with unknown surplus ammo. One of the guys let me shoot some of his rifles, and WOW! Ive never shot guns that were that nice, It took a little getting use to as his rifles have very sensitive triggers, nothing like the Mosin. (I cut my nose on one of them cause Ive never felt such a touchy trigger, OW!!) He was also teaching his daughter's boyfriend to shoot so I got a mini-lesson from a competition shooter... Im thinking I need to take the Mosin and Arisaka out at least once a month (more if I can afford it) and practicing so I can start entering the military shooting comps.

It looks like a fun sport to get into, and I cant afford to shoot against the people with their high dollar rifles and match ammo....

Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png

load your own for the mosin and you will keep up with em just fine!! the mosin sniper is a moa gun with iffy surplus. i bought me a set of dies for the 54r cartridge but i still need to get brass on my next reloading order. i cant wait to see what she will do with proper ammo.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #38

I found a guy with some fancy seller&bellot 7.62x54 I was thinking of getting, its kind of expensive but I figure I can keep the brass for reloading.. some more practice and good ammo And ill see what I can do.. (I think I did alright, its only the second time ive shot it, and is been too long!)

Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #39

The top handguard on my Mosin slides forward (towards the front sight) after about 10-15 rounds... Any ideas to stop this?

Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #40
FTF_MODERATOR.png

New barrel band or new handguard.